CP 2.0 thinks I have a controller connected

+
Anyone found any fix??
I want to complete missions to unlock PL when it drops and I am completely stuck, can't even open any doors

I was able to fix it.

Took several tries.

1. If on Steam, disable Steam input and overlay.
  2. Then load a manual save.

Are you on Windows manjo? Because that will absolutely fix it for most Windows players, but on Linux I have already disabled my Steam input and have relaunched the game and loaded saves at least a dozen times. (I'm actually at level 10 now despite playing with controller button hints instead of keyboard button hints.) The Windows and Linux versions of the bug seem to be completely different under the hood despite looking superficially the same.

Yes, I am on WIn 10.

For linux, some guys said to use a connect a controller for some time and disconnect, but obviously requires a controller and has less success rate

Yes, I am on WIn 10.

For linux, some guys said to use a connect a controller for some time and disconnect, but obviously requires a controller and has less success rate
I am on linux, i dont own a controller so this is stopping me getting past the bloody training :-| i was excited to play this again with the new update and now i'm feeling gutted :(

I am on linux, i dont own a controller so this is stopping me getting past the bloody training :-| i was excited to play this again with the new update and now i'm feeling gutted :(
My suggestion is to keep trying.
This morning when i loaded my save, it reverted back to controller icons.
I closed the game, relaunched, when warning messages came, I started shaking my mouse in circular way and kept pressing spacebar to skip, till i reached main menu.
Surprisingly, this time I loaded with kb+m buttons

You can still play with m&k though right, you just don't get help on which key to press?
I'm playing like that and completed "Transmission" by now.

BTW I'm really impressed how beautiful the game looks (on rx 5700 xt with FSR, no RT). There used to be many more FSR artifacts, seems they cleaned that up nicely.

You can still play with m&k though right, you just don't get help on which key to press?

BTW I'm really impressed how beautiful the game looks (on rx 5700 xt with FSR, no RT). There used to be many more FSR artifacts, seems they cleaned that up nicely.
yeah, I've managed to progress past the "Tag the enemy part" where i was stuck before (middle mouse click)I am now stuck at dodge... I cant seem to figure out how to dodge...

I've even tried re-mapping the keys
Post automatically merged:

this worked for me!

Last edited:
yeah, I've managed to progress past the "Tag the enemy part" where i was stuck before (middle mouse click)I am now stuck at dodge... I cant seem to figure out how to dodge...

I've even tried re-mapping the keys
Post automatically merged:

this worked for me!
Can confirm. Replaced in hex editor and it removed controller scheme for me. Now keyboard is default.

On Linux and it's playable with some exceptions. As mentioned, you don't get the correct button hints, but there's also some things that just don't work at all. You can't toggle crouch. So you need to hold down left ctrl, which makes it kind of hard to do sneaking stuff. Also, I can't upgrade my cyberware. I hold down the button and it fills up on the screen, then nothing. Which is OK so far because you can just buy upgraded cyberware as you level. But the one thing you have to avoid is don't play the arcade machines. I couldn't find any button that would allow me to leave the Trauma Team arcade game. I had to kill the program from the System Monitor. This would be horrible if I didn't think CDPR would have it fixed soon, but it's playable enough for now if you're careful.

Now you are forced to use controller prompts and the crouch "c" toggle does not work at all. It is unplayable this way. I even have no controller attached and even keyrebinding gives errors and you cannot crouch properly.

Will try the fix above later today, many thanks for linking that.

For those who still can't fix it:
You can use crouch while holding a key as said above, that key seems to be somewhat remappable
Dash can be set do "double key press" somewhere I think gameplay menu
Haven't found a fix for the cyberware upgrade issue without using a controller.

Top Bottom