CP 2013/2020 was prophetic!

+
CP 2013/2020 was prophetic!

I say that because of what I see in the USA. Without going into much detail for fear of creating a hostile political argument I just notice that, minus the cyberwear and nuclear devastation, there are several parallels to that world and ours! Just my observation mind you!

I say that because of what I see in the USA. Without going into much detail for fear of creating a hostile political argument I just notice that, minus the cyberwear and nuclear devastation, there are several parallels to that world and ours! Just my observation mind you!

Sufficiently vague as to mean anything ... or nothing :hmmm:

It's always been like that. Only difference now is that information spread faster, so it's more out in the open.

Actually in some ways the current nearly unlimited access to information increases the probability of misinformation.
Take Wiki for instance, anyone can edit it and if their source info is wrong the Wiki is wrong, and many folks assume Wiki's are correct.
I've been helping tweak/correct/revise a PC wargame for a number of years and we NEVER rely on Wiki as a definitive source. As a starting place for research sure, but never ever as a source.
Then you of course have the intentional and "just for fun" misinformation circulating the net.

Yes and no. Wikipedia does quite well, accuracy-wise.

http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2006/11/8296/

Pffft.

Have you ever had debates with any of these groups:

Anti-GMO people
Anti-vaxxers
Natural medicine proponents
Conspiracy theorists

The internet has given raise to a legion of these guys.

For the first time in history, they have been given a collective voice, while in the past, they would have been terminated by even the most brain dead editor with extreme prejudice.

About prophetic vision of CP game : Jullian Assange, Edwards Snowden are kinda rockerboy for me, fighting for free and truthfull infos for the mass.. Some americans call him traitors but remenber Collins powells lying to the UN council and the consequences: a unjustified war for oil money : the world needs this kind of rebels. They are the Bes Isis of real world for me, respect !

About prophetic vision of CP game : Jullian Assange, Edwards Snowden are kinda rockerboy for me, fighting for free and truthfull infos for the mass.. Some americans call him traitors but remenber Collins powells lying to the UN council and the consequences: a unjustified war for oil money : the world needs this kind of rebels. They are the Bes Isis of real world for me, respect !

Whether you agree with what they did or not, they are a cross between a Media and a Rockerboy, yeah.

I'd say, arguably, a Media, though. They don't use music or their own fame as the primary method of promoting their agenda, instead letting their data do the talking.

Bes Isis was a Media, by the way.

Not that it matters. Like many, I enjoy the Role system but feel it's too limited. No one is just one Role.

So, Media/Rockerboy works for me. Use the Truth to Change the World.

In the original "ROCKERBOY MAGAZINE" sourcebook, someone says :"Hitler was a rockerboy". You can earn respect and fame by politic statement, it's not the media, it's the message who was important in this case.

PS : It's not a pro-nazi political support post, don't even think of it !:halt:

Last edited:
In the original "ROCKERBOY MAGAZINE" sourcebook, someone says :"Hitler was a rockerboy". You can earn respect and fame by politic statement, it's not the media, it's the message who was important in this case.

PS : It's not a pro-nazi political support post, don't even think of it !:halt:

Oh, I know.

It's more that Hitler used charisma and personal magnetism to change the world, whereas Assange et al used actual data and reference material - facts, not fancy. That's why I see them as Medias, more than Rockers. Their celebrity is a side effect of their reporting, not the tool they use to change things. Unlike Rockers.

It's more that Hitler used charisma and personal magnetism to change the world, whereas Assange et al used actual data and reference material - facts, not fancy. That's why I see them as Medias, more than Rockers. Their celebrity is a side effect of their reporting, not the tool they use to change things. Unlike Rockers.

Good description of the difference between the two.

Right ! Typical Sardukhar wisdom, but you can't beat an IA in facts checking and data analysis, good point !

About facts not fancy stuff , Assange uses logic,common sense and ethics when Hitler used hate and anger for winning "hearts and minds" of his audience. Assange speak to concerned educated citizens with tools of logic/reason and Hitler uses fear, latent nationalism and racism to stimulate his fans.

The first target the mind, the second aimed for the guts. The message is tailored to the targeted audience. Assange is a media (Credibility) and Hitler was definitly a rockerboy (Charismatic leadership)

Last edited:
Not that I'm even remotely a Hitler fan, other then being impressed by what he managed to accomplish (morality aside) in a fairly short period of time. Initially his main "selling points" were to get the economy back in shape, provide jobs, and redress some of the terms imposed by Treaty of Versailles (war reparations, demilitarization of the Rhineland, the mandate over the Saar, and renounce sovereignty over former colonies).

It wasn't till later that he started to push his hate agenda.

It wasn't till later that he started to push his hate agenda.

An an interesting parallel to the Cyberpunk setting. Initially, corporates like Saburo Arasaka and Lundee did great things in bolstering sagging economies, stepping in where nationals had failed so dramatically and giving people purpose.

It was only later that they moved forwards with their more...ambitious plans and started to seriously degrade things like human rights, political freedoms, free speech, neutral police forces, etc.

Whether you agree with what they did or not, they are a cross between a Media and a Rockerboy, yeah.

I'd say, arguably, a Media, though. They don't use music or their own fame as the primary method of promoting their agenda, instead letting their data do the talking.

Bes Isis was a Media, by the way.

Not that it matters. Like many, I enjoy the Role system but feel it's too limited. No one is just one Role.

So, Media/Rockerboy works for me. Use the Truth to Change the World.

Throw a bit of netrunner in there,

And suddenly you are playing interlock unlimited...

An an interesting parallel to the Cyberpunk setting. Initially, corporates like Saburo Arasaka and Lundee did great things in bolstering sagging economies, stepping in where nationals had failed so dramatically and giving people purpose.

It was only later that they moved forwards with their more...ambitious plans and started to seriously degrade things like human rights, political freedoms, free speech, neutral police forces, etc.
Of course Arasaka Saburo's plan had always been to "restore Japan to its pre WWII Imperial glory" with Arasaka at the head.Everything else was just a means to an end.

Top Bottom