CP 2077 teaser: hidden details

+
Good find, I haven't seen that yet. It shows CDPR's trademark attention to detail that sets them apart from other devs. Nothing is window dressing in their games.

edit- I just get so goddamn giddy when I think about the potential of this game, and how it won't be cyberpunk on the surface, but all throughout the world building, narrative and art design. When this game releases, people will see for the first time true Cyberpunk in digital form. And that Militech crusher, pure awesome.

Fucking awesome find....

Um.... I like how it seems to back up everything I was saying in both the enhanceable weapon thread and the discussion with Warsend, as well as what I said earlier today about the cops in the video, their armor, and the chick...

Um, one thing I do find a bit wierd, no matter how I try to Parse it, the bit where is says "As you can see, the events in the teaser are set
exactly 64 years after the release of this clip." makes absolutely no sense to me... as the teaser Is the clip... unless they are saying that applies to the very end bit... at which point it makes even less sense, since she still has the same cheek scar... and presumably that means nothing in the trailer at all except the hick and the dude sitting in their benches are the only thing to actually be represented in the game...

Yup, good find. And
"Look for a panorama across [musical] genres when it's released". I am so pleased to read that.

Um, one thing I do find a bit wierd, no matter how I try to Parse it, the bit where is says "As you can see, the events in the teaser are set
exactly 64 years after the release of this clip."

64 years after the date the trailer was released. The trailer was released on (I think) 10 Jan 2013. This is the moment when you say "Duh".

64 years after the date the trailer was released. The trailer was released on (I think) 10 Jan 2013. This is the moment when you say "Duh".

Not ............ gonna................... DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am an idiot....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh>

I was trying to find the clip of Max Hammerman in 2013 that they were talking about..figured I missed it in the trailer on the news feed.

In 2020, Hammerman is a cop in the PnP, so I thought it was a nice reference to draw on, just couldn't figure the relevance in 2077.

Also, clear is a great colour.

Awesome find.

And after watching this video, I think we have not been looking at this opportunity the way Mike intends us to:

He want's to ramp up the Cyberpunk of Cyberpunk... As twisted as Cyberpunk 2020 was, he's going to turn it up to 11...
Time to dig out the books with the 4th corp war in...

Heh, it's funny that the guy from the concept art is one of the victims.

Swag jacket guy, we barely knew ye, but this IS Cyberpunk.

Style over substance...this bothers me really. I've been meaning to start a thread on it. When it comes to anything, I don't actually want style over substance, I want substance. I can't be the only one worried about this odd theme.

It's a fundamental theme of Cyberpunk 2020, though. It represents the idea that you have to not only perform well, but look good doing it. Some of it is tongue-in-cheek, as Morgan Blackhand will happily take fools who can't perform to task - briefly - but much of it represents the professions equivalent of "the future is disposable" ethos.

Those who have substance but no style go nowhere. Those who have style but no substance can do very well for themselves. Those who have both represent the tip-top of the Cyberpunk ethos.

That's the idea, anyway.

Pretty much what Sard said. Style over substance just means, its not enough to just be good at something, you also have to look good doing it.

Style with no substance gets you killed, but substance with no style means you won't get paid.

Chuck Norris and Steven Segal, 2 over the hill martial artist actors who have become little more than an embarrassing joke of their former selves. However, in their prime, they were champion level martial artists, world class skills... The difference between them was that Norris had Style, Segal ran limp wristed like a girl. Style matters. So we can forgive the pathetic old fool that Norris has become since he sold out to TV and infomercials, but Segal doesn't get that benefit, because his movies were always crap.

And they both pale in comparison to Jackie Chan, who may have eventually sold out to disney for a while, but then went right back to Hong Kong to make more amazing movies...

Style baby.... style....

Top Bottom