CP 2077's sh*tty RNG [I'm sick of reloading for hours on end!]

+
One of the things that p*sses me off the most about CP 2077 is the sh*tty RNG when it comes to fixed unique loot (meaning especially (possibly) legendary clothing items) and when it comes to crafting items. Why can't the rarity of unique open world loot be fixed? It's unique anyway so you can't replicate these items meaning if you accidentally get the item in epic rarity, you're screwed. The same applies to mod slots. Why do have to reload - in the worst possible case - for hours on end just to get the maximum amount of possible mod slots? That's not just a problem with open world loot, but crafting as well. Why do I have to reload - again: in the worst possible case - for hours on end just to get a decent item with the maximum amount of mod slots? Why are there such huge discrepancies anyway - especially concerning iconic items? Yeah yeah... I know... You can b*tch around about getting a decent PC or a next gen console (if it weren't for scalpers...), but that's not the issue, is it? Game-Design-wise, it's just stupid and annoying. I probably wasted around 10h by now just for reloading a save file just because of this issue.

When a Borderlands fan finds this
1610571321164.png

What kind of comparison is that?

You can farm stuff in Borderlands - you can't in CP 2077. Unique items in CP 2077 are... well... unique. Once you've messed up, you've messed up.

What kind of comparison is that?

You can farm stuff in Borderlands - you can't in CP 2077. Unique items in CP 2077 are... well... unique. Once you've messed up, you've messed up.
Borderlands is about min maxing your character and that is what he is referencing when it comes to needing to reload the save to get the most mod slots on certain unique or high rarity items. So it's a great comparison.

Idk why CDPR didn't make the loot system more like a Fallout game or most other RPG's for that matter, where if I have an AK-47 it does 27 dps let's say. If I find an Ak-47 on a dead guy his also has 27 dps, but the DPS just scales based on your skill with guns and your perks with guns (reflexes in CP77's case).

Would have made the loot in the game much better and much more rewarding imo, also would've allowed it to scale with your level. That way when I get the iconic Satori katana at level 6 it doesn't suck ass compared to some bullshit I pick up off the street at level 25.

If they still wanted to make a bunch of different loot, add weapon skins and a deeper weapon modding system. That way I still feel enticed to pick up some random's weapon if he had a cool skin or some better mods, but this way it prevents just bs recycling of the same weapon type over and over again. Same goes with Armor too

Big miss step imo

While we're making comparisons, I just spent the last 2 hours in Pokémon reloading the game to get a unique pokémon to spawn with the right stats. Some developers just do this, it's a design choice. Not one I necessarily agree with but it's not uncommon.

Idk why CDPR didn't make the loot system more like a Fallout game or most other RPG's for that matter, where if I have an AK-47 it does 27 dps let's say. If I find an Ak-47 on a dead guy his also has 27 dps, but the DPS just scales based on your skill with guns and your perks with guns (reflexes in CP77's case).

Would have made the loot in the game much better and much more rewarding imo, also would've allowed it to scale with your level. That way when I get the iconic Satori katana at level 6 it doesn't suck ass compared to some bullshit I pick up off the street at level 25.

Big miss step imo
Now this I do agree with and if you go back to the 2018 footage and look at V's gun stats in the stash area it seems like back then that's what they were going for and not the borderlands multi colored tiered weapon system.

maybe this works for you?
p.s.
i did my 1st playthrou on very hard without even using mods on weapons / clothing or cyberware

Stop reloading. Your life gets a lot easier.

You don’t even really need what you are reloading for.

Savescumming is a choice you make. It’s pointless to blame the game for your selfinflicted misery.

I just saw a YT video saying that you don't need to reload the game. Open the stash, check the stats, if it's not what you want, move away from the area then return, just far enough away that it despawns. When you come back, the stats are rerolled. The video proved it multiple times.

White, green and blue have a chance to be blue. Purple and orange have a chance to be orange. If you see an epic purple item that you like the look of, yoyo away and back until it pops orange. Same with the more uncommon to common, had a chance to be rare. Then just upgrade it.

Top Bottom