CP music, what is your soundtrack?

+
CP music, what is your soundtrack?

Question in the title, what kind of music do you play when running CP? Any specific artist or songs?

I usually run stuff depending on the situation.

Marylin Manson, fits my vision of CP pretty well to be honest. Also Rob Zombie and Godsmack.

As for other stuff, i have a friend who is a huge techno fan, he supplies me with house and psychodelic.

I actually misefired when I read the title without reading actual OP... forgive me...

The music I use during actual games is almost entirely intsrumental, as I dinf lyrics distract from the game when a song comes on that someone likes and they start singing along... or worse, when a song they hate comes on and they get agitated.

So I use a lot of film scores and instrumental albums... heavy on the acid jazz. However, I do tend to use a lot of international music as well, as if they are singing in a different language its harder for the players to sing along... especially if the music is swahili, farsi, japanese, or brazillian.

Depenfding on the game I am running, some of my favorite albums to have on mix shuffle are:
Peter Gabriels Passion and Passion sources (these albums are the Soundtrack, and the songs that inspired the soundtrack for The Last Temptation OF Christ)
The Bladerunner Soundtrack - Esper Edition
The complete GITS album collection
The complete Cowboy Bebop album collection (with the vocal tracks removed... especially the godawful in the rain song....)
The Armitage III soundtracks
The Appleseed Sountracks
The Akira Soundtrack
Arabic Breakbeats
Beastie Boys - In Sounds From Way Out and The Mix-up (some of the best jazz/funk albums of the last 20 years)
Best Of AFRICA (the continent not the band)
the Avalon Soundtracks
The Black Dynamite score
Callibro35
The Cybernet soundtrack
the Drive soundtrack
Eckobase
the Escaflowne Soudntrack
Fayetteville Funk Ensemble (It doesn't hurt that the trumpet player for this and Exkobase, as well as the 1oz Jig sleeps on my couch several nights a week)
the Fist Of The north Star Soundtrack
Enrico Morricone - The Sergio Leone Collection
Future Sound Of London
Gunslinger Girl
Japanese Taiko Drums
the Jin Roh Soundtrack
Joe Satriani - Surfing With The Alien
Key the Metal Idol soundtrack
The Macross Zero and Macross Plus sountracks
Miles Davis
The Perfect Dark soundtracks
Perfect Blue Soundtrack
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Ronald Jenkees
the Sky Blue Soundtrack
the Spriggan Soundtrack
Stereophonic Space Sound Unlimited
the Syndicate Soundtrack
Thelonious Monk
Tibetan Throat Singing
and some compilations I made of random international music

My fantasy gaming selection is just as weird and diverse.

I also have a HUGE collection of sound effects, and more recently this great program called Syrinscape... a customizable background noise generator, that works like nothing else for creating a mood... anyone who uses sound in their tabletop games should check it out.)

When I'm playing cyberpunk I usually go for some 80s metal.

Pantera
WASP
Crue
GNR
Anthrax
Metallica
Megadeth
Cinderella
Poison
Overkill
Metal Church

Just gets me in the mood to mess some chumbatta up. Blackie Lawless's voice especially puts me in a hurtin mood.

Front 242 - Up Evil, Tyranny for You, Headhunter,
Nitzer Ebb
NiN
Joy Division
Skinny Puppy
Sisters of Mercy
I'll even toss a little Queensryche in there
Metallica, Maiden, Priest, Dio,
NWA, Public Enemy, West Side Connection, Biggy, Cube

Various soundtracks - usual stuff already mentioned.

Billy Idol - Cyberpunk : Yes, our prototypical punk singer did a concept album on cyberpunk. and boy is it good.

Psychosonik: Psychosonik

Jean Michel Jarre

When I'm playing cyberpunk I usually go for some 80s metal.

Pantera
WASP
Crue
GNR
Anthrax
Metallica
Megadeth
Cinderella
Poison
Overkill
Metal Church

Just gets me in the mood to mess some chumbatta up. Blackie Lawless's voice especially puts me in a hurtin mood.

Dont forget motorhead

And as soon as I can find their album I will be adding that to my list as well.... really good stuff... thanks for sharing that with us.
No problem, you’re welcome. As for their albums, just go over to their Bandcamp profile where you can buy their stuff for whatever you think it deserves.

I see Turmion Kätilöt being very suitable for an industrial/metal cyberpunky channel.
Depeche Mode being timeless music, with oft' timeless topics.

Know what I realized? This is all industrial or techno remixes like that.
Personally I think that is depends on what is going on - I'm currently running a ground level game involving more Gangs then anything else, and I find myself listening to old school Rap and RnB.

Though admittedly I also listen and imagine anything from electronic to trip-hop, avant-garde and post-rock.
A lot of Prodigy and Blue Stahli on my list.

And let us not forget these pieces:
and
[video=youtube;X20e4na8-Es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X20e4na8-Es[/video]

Top Bottom