CP music, what is your soundtrack?

+
I tend to listen to a LOT of Crystal Method or Glitch Mob.

but lately ive drifted over to iunno this blues/rock kind of thing. it started with a group called The Heavy and now i have a pandora playlist that usually plays what i feel is Cyberpunkish, well at least for my group.

http://www.pandora.com/station/play/1144780050718789935

it kinda gives for that life sucks but we are badass'/borderlands feel.

I've had several cyberpunk game soundtracks over the years as my tastes change. But there are a few staples.

Cybernation - Psychotica
Pistolero - Juno Reactor
More Human than Human - White Zombie
Firestarter - The Prodigy
Bodies - Drowning Pool

After that it's a mix of Marilyn Manson, the Crystal Method, Rob Zombie, and Rammstein

EBM, industrial and Futurepop is my choice of music, both for cyberpunk and in my private life =)
VNV Nation, Combichrist, Apoptygma Berzerk, Funker Vogt, Wumpscut and Z Prochek to name a few

NIN
Marilyn Manson
KMFDM
Filter
Clawfinger
Cypress Hill
NWA
Fear Factory (of course !)
The Crow original soundtrack
Atari Teenage Riot
Deftones
Killing Joke
Placebo
White Zombie

The cyberpunk source book I run is , "When Gravity Fails", which takes place in a mythical Arabic city, so music wise, I loop Volumes One and Two of the soundtrack to, "The Last Temptation of Christ". Great for city and desert encounters. Also, while chips and soda are key to any gaming session, when I run my campaign we have dates with almond slivers instead of chips. During break, hummus and baked pita chips.

The cyberpunk source book I run is , "When Gravity Fails", which takes place in a mythical Arabic city, so music wise, I loop Volumes One and Two of the soundtrack to, "The Last Temptation of Christ". Great for city and desert encounters. Also, while chips and soda are key to any gaming session, when I run my campaign we have dates with almond slivers instead of chips. During break, hummus and baked pita chips.

fucking great albums... possibly two of the best background music albums for gaming I have ever owned.

Mine's simple: TISM, Wesley Willis, Sultans of Ping FC and MSI.

I'm curious to see if anyone knows all of them :p

In reality, a bit of everything, but Toecutter, Peturbator, Powerglove, a few old punk bands and yes, definately some MSI...

I've had several cyberpunk game soundtracks over the years as my tastes change. But there are a few staples.

Cybernation - Psychotica
Pistolero - Juno Reactor
More Human than Human - White Zombie
Firestarter - The Prodigy
Bodies - Drowning Pool

After that it's a mix of Marilyn Manson, the Crystal Method, Rob Zombie, and Rammstein

Sounds like the goth clubs I avoided around the turn of the century. I'm sure you mean well, but if that were the soundtrack, I'd have to mute it...

NIN
Marilyn Manson
KMFDM
Filter
Clawfinger
Cypress Hill
NWA
Fear Factory (of course !)
The Crow original soundtrack
Atari Teenage Riot
Deftones
Killing Joke
Placebo
White Zombie

Whereas this sounds like one of the clubs I'd go to, at least there's some stuff I'd dance to, and the women have all their teeth :p

Mine's simple: TISM, Wesley Willis, Sultans of Ping FC and MSI.

I'm curious to see if anyone knows all of them :p

In reality, a bit of everything, but Toecutter, Peturbator, Powerglove, a few old punk bands and yes, definately some MSI...

Big fan of Tism at least... based on that I will check out the rest.

Though as I have said, when actually gaming I much prefer instrumental albums...

Actually, I got a bit confused between threads, and thought I was posting in the one about in-game soundtrack *facedesk*

In future I shall keep my oddball musical tastes and virulent snobbery out of the musical threads, and instead just recommend The Rubberbandits to all and sundry. I tried to post the video in the other thread, but I rolled a one, and now the other netrunners are gonna laugh at me...

Nice to see another TISM fan though. I've had this really oddly specific fangeek dream of introducing Jello Biafra to their early works, and just watching his face...

I really hope they add anything from Geinoh Yamashirogumi Or Susumu Hirasawa. or anything that sounds remotely similar.

but I already know most of the soundtrack is gonna be electronic music from what the music team has posted so far so I'm not getting my hopes up for anything on the level of these two.

Top Bottom