CP2020 getting a new iteration anytime soon?

+
Sneky;n10950287 said:
Wait, wasnt they supposed to make Cyberpunk 2077 PnP alongside video game from CDPR?

Cyberpunk Red was worked on even before CDPR approached Mike about making CP2077. Regarding Cyberpunk 2077 tabletop edition all they said was basically "we'll see".

Sneky;n10950287 said:
Wait, wasnt they supposed to make Cyberpunk 2077 PnP alongside video game from CDPR?

I don't think so, perhaps that was an early idea? To my knowledge Mike Pondsmith has only talked about focusing on Cyberpunk Red - the pen & paper meant to bridge the gap between 2020 and 2077.

90k;n10955711 said:
I don't think so, perhaps that was an early idea? To my knowledge Mike Pondsmith has only talked about focusing on Cyberpunk Red - the pen & paper meant to bridge the gap between 2020 and 2077.
That and sort of an updated CP2020.

Suhiira;n10955912 said:
That and sort of an updated CP2020.

Cyberpunk Red is meant to be an update of 2020 - or as Mike Pondsmith puts it on Reddit - "2020 v1.5". It is based on the Fuzion ruleset and will bridge the gap from after the 4th Corp war to 2060. It revolves around the Aftershocks storyline. The goal is to update it with new rules, tech, and a modern outlook so it doesn’t feel like a retro take on the genre.

Melton zeta rule set and starblade battalion setting.

* An entire future history which is one possible extrapolation of the Cyberpunk 2020 future!

Well, it seems that Cyberpunk Red will pave the way to 2077, it will be nice if R. Talsorian would make better use of social media to inform the fanbase. Anyway, any update of the classic CP2020 will be really welcome!

I'm working on my own iteration of "cyberpunk", called ""Overload 2060", using some lore of CP2020, Cybergeneration, polish cyberpunk comic book series you've probably never heard about called "Status 7" and some of my better ideas from 20 years of gaming (better, because I also hade a lot of very bad ideas... :) ) However, because it's aimed mainly for my gaming group it will run on heavily modified DD5ed rules (please don't kill me...) When done I'll put it on Dungeon Masters Guild for everyone.

That is some insane work. More power to you.

Top Bottom