CP2020 Players: Will you be playing your +57 year old characters?

+
CP2020 Players: Will you be playing your +57 year old characters?

Just out of curiosity: I know that Wisdom000 as an example has been playing some kind of rendition of his CP2020 character Swift in games like Saints Row which is (of course XD) out of the CP2020 canon/timeline and is kind of a different game that even colours the morality of your character for you (in SR2 you can only be a psycho, in SRTT you can be... what they made the boss there, etc.)... but what about thenext step in Max Mike's Cyberpunk which is set 57 years into Cyberpunk 2020's future? Will you guys be playing the same characters? Would they have aged or not? How would that affect your perception of CP2077 (as a sequel, as a reboot...)?

How can a CP2020 player dodge this "discomfort"? Some kind of rejuvenating technology? A reboot of your character's origin? Is your new character a clone, child, pupil... of your old character that may have taken his/her mantle?

On a related note: What about players that just got into CP2020? You guys are partly playing the PnP to make time for CP2077... what date are your games set?

Since I never played the PnP game, there is no way for me to do this, although it sounds interesting. But I guess I'm gonna have to rely on my two alternatives: A Solo girl that goes by the name Chrysantheme (First choice), and a male Corp (or perhaps Nomad) who goes by some sleek german name I have yet to come up with. Any ideas?

Gosh I really hope the differences between the classes will be relevant. So that they make me want to try them out.

How about Eckbert, Ansgar, Elmar, Farold, Folkward, Gotmar, Jelto, Norbert, Ortwin, Raban/Rabanus, Sebald, Sigmar, Tassilo, Waldemar/Woldemar or Wolfgang? Wikipedia lists them as originally german.

How about Eckbert, Ansgar, Elmar, Farold, Folkward, Gotmar, Jelto, Norbert, Ortwin, Raban/Rabanus, Sebald, Sigmar, Tassilo, Waldemar/Woldemar or Wolfgang? Wikipedia lists them as originally german.

oh man that are some really nasty german names, names likes this arent used often nowadays

If you say so my friend then let me respond: 'nasty names for nasty times' - this is cyberpunk after all, lol

Well, Axl would be 78 years old in 2077, but he became a full conversion in 2023. He had the biopod upgrade to triple his life expectancy so he 'should' be fine. His multi-million eb weapons and armour R&D business got a bit screwed during the datakrash, so he would probably have started up again, though most of his Militech contacts also bought the farm in the 4th corp war. He would probably be running a business the same size and style as Red Jacket Firearms from the Discovery Channel.

If FBCs are available to play from the start, them I probably will play Axl again. If not, I'll play a great grandson.

All my other characters are dead. Oh, and only one of them had enough bits left for a burial. (And by 'burial' I mean his body was disposed of in the dump. My team mates had enough respect not to sell most of my bodyparts but didn't want to fork out for an actual grave.)

Last edited:
I don't generally pay all that much attention to little details like "is this game set in the Cyberpunk 2020 universe or not" or does this plot of this games story give me nough choice".... unless that game Is set in the Cyberpunk Universe which hasn't happened yet... But any game that lets me customize my character and isn't fantasy based... yeah I try and make the character look as close to one of my characters as possible...

Let's see... in 2077 Swift would be 84....... so that probably won't work.... he has cyber, but not enough to keep him going that long, nor would he really be interested in it... In fact most of my characters would be in their 80-90's... some past 100. And since I don't often play full conversions personally (takes some of the fun out of it for me) they would all be geriatrics running around shitting themselves and forgetting where there they were going... The closest thing they have to adventure anymore would be a bowling league...

However, A character Reboot... that is kinda likely, we'll see.

the day Wolfram isn't a cool as fuck name is the day I don't want to be on this planet anymore...

sorry i formulated it wrong...i meant those are some names which i never heard before and most of them are names which are really old like some hundred years....

I know :) Just thought one of them might sound cool to him - ya never know.

the day Wolfram isn't a cool as fuck name is the day I don't want to be on this planet anymore...

see? ;)

though Wisdom obviously just read what he wanted to read there^^

Last edited:
Thanks User, I am awesome aren;t I, and I accept your offer of cheesedip.... when should it arrive?

These names are so terrible I want to throw up all over them :D They was probably submitted by some middle-age historian who loves his books about Karl the Great a little bit too much.

Thanks Wisdom. Wolfram is so much better. Not. :p

I'll probably go with the name of one of the characters from my Cyberpunk novel: Briggs. I like that name.

Hell yeah!
80yo and still Netrunning!

Media.

Young Hunter S. Thompson evolves into Hunter S. Thompson. ;-)

I never got to play CP2020 enough to have a regular "favorite" character. The one memorable character I made happens to be a Media. I figure he can be grizzled and surly, in the vein of Spider Jerusalem.

Spider was surly, but he was on way too many drugs to ever be considered grizzled.... pickled is more like it... and I think you need hair to be considered grizzled anyway...

Since I never played the PnP game, there is no way for me to do this, although it sounds interesting. But I guess I'm gonna have to rely on my two alternatives: A Solo girl that goes by the name Chrysantheme (First choice), and a male Corp (or perhaps Nomad) who goes by some sleek german name I have yet to come up with. Any ideas?

Hans.

Spider was surly, but he was on way too many drugs to ever be considered grizzled.... pickled is more like it... and I think you need hair to be considered grizzled anyway...

Oh, he was hairy and grizzled when he lived in his retirement in the mountains at the beginning of the comic. So hairy and grizzled he could be mistaken by a grizzly bear... or Alan Moore.

Top Bottom