CP2077 BBQing my new PC, any suggestions?

+
Hello.

I recently made a PC upgrade and noticed that while the game runs fantastic on ultra, my PC seems to sometimes reach mid 90°C.
When idle my PC seems to run around 31°C on all cores. I did run a few tests on other games such as Doom Eternal and Witcher 3, and for the most part I didn't go above 70°C, but I did only spend about 10 minutes at most in both. So perhaps it could go a bit higher given a few hours.
I am not terribly knowledgeable about PCs but I am learning.

If someone could help me figure out if it's the game or just my pc that's faulty I'd really appreciate it!

Attached my rig info and temps below (the temps are after around 2 hours of gaming).

Attachments

• cp2077 temps_2.png
    cp2077 temps_2.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 107
  • my rig.png
    my rig.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 97
Something isn't right there, it's 35c here in Brisbane ATM and my system is sitting cooler in CP2077 than in many other games I play.
I'm rather surprised how cool CP2077 actually runs on my PC considering the load it creates.
1080ti is under 64c and 7700k is around the same.

Hello.

I recently made a PC upgrade and noticed that while the game runs fantastic on ultra, my PC seems to sometimes reach mid 90°C.
When idle my PC seems to run around 31°C on all cores. I did run a few tests on other games such as Doom Eternal and Witcher 3, and for the most part I didn't go above 70°C, but I did only spend about 10 minutes at most in both. So perhaps it could go a bit higher given a few hours.
I am not terribly knowledgeable about PCs but I am learning.

If someone could help me figure out if it's the game or just my pc that's faulty I'd really appreciate it!

Attached my rig info and temps below (the temps are after around 2 hours of gaming).

My PC does have glass panels in front of its 3 fans, don't know how much that restricts air flow, but I attached images!

Attachments

• 20201214_232904.jpg
    20201214_232904.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 20201214_232817.jpg
    20201214_232817.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
My PC does have glass panels in front of its 3 fans, don't know how much that restricts air flow,
Pop the front cover off and let the front fans run unobstructed for a while and see if that helps or lower your settings from ultra to High and see.

Usually, glass panels restrict the airflow high enough that temperature issues may arise. As it has been mentioned above, you should remove the panel and try again.

Also, don't forget that Coffee Lake is basically Skylake on steroids, so higher temperatures aren't that off when compared to previous generation. (For a 10900k, 90°C are quite normal.)

I'd maybe move your your bottom front fan to the top... you have a rad on the back that would restrict airflow.

If you have more fans spare just put on in the top, or alt increase the fanspeed of the fan on the back with a higher airflow.

Also have you rechecked your AIO mounting to make sure its making contact properly.

Usually, glass panels restrict the airflow high enough that temperature issues may arise. As it has been mentioned above, you should remove the panel and try again.

Also, don't forget that Coffee Lake is basically Skylake on steroids, so higher temperatures aren't that off when compared to previous generation. (For a 10900k, 90°C are quite normal.)
Hmm, seems like I can't really take off the glass panel in the front, but taking off the side glass panel seemed to help a bit. Will see what else I can do. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Also IF you are running it while it sets on the floor (carpeted) that's not good for airflow either. Put a board or even flat cardboard down and set the PC on it.

My PC does have glass panels in front of its 3 fans, don't know how much that restricts air flow, but I attached images!

That is the worst case I've ever seen in my life.

Yes, the 100% glass front panel is restricting airflow. Why would you think it wasn't? All you really have is one functional 120mm rear case fan for airflow. Amazing.

Buy a new case for $25 from newegg: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811353150
I use those cases in office computers, but it could work well enough for a gaming computer -- just stick another 120mm fan on the side that blows in. Could probably ziptie a 2nd 120mm fan on the inside if you remove the 3.5" drive bays.

Last edited:
Yes, the 100% glass front panel is restricting airflow.
Hey the case (as many others do) has the vents around the side of the front panel. So it not restricting 100% of the air flow. And as far as the case being "the worst case you have ever seen" believe me there is worst, and remember your talking about ziptie fans?

Top Bottom