CP2077 really hates mirrors

+
You would think that a basic mirror would still exist in a world in 2077.

This game has make a hassle if you wanna see yourself in anyway in this world. I remember one review told that "yes you will see yourself from mirrors and there's few cut scenes where V is visible.

I would way that was a big NOPE. The is only ONE cut scene where you can see yourself and that is in the end when the game end.

Even the car mirrors are gone in this game. There is a camera on both sides of the car side mirrors should be. And if there is a mirror on the streets or in apartments / bathrooms, they are gray "electric" mirrors. And huge load times until you see yourself.

But when you hack cameras, you can actually see yourself just fine and there's never bugs or glitches with the outfits. Why the normal mirrors are so hard? Is it because they wanted that funny "bug mirror" with johnny to appear randomly? Only CDPR knows.

Simple answer really. Cutting out reflections cuts down on optimization and gives them some BADLY needed headroom to try and shoehorn the game onto consoles. They've cut loads of content and features just to get to the point we received it. Really puts a big highlight on how hard they lied to everyone.

mbrto

Forum regular
i think the mirror scenes are fantastic

especially when johnny takes over v´s body
and in the intro cinematic with jackie

the mirror smash scene and the one talking to the aldecaldos while looking in the mirror are great as well
johnny randomly appearing in the mirror was a great idea as well

i hope there will be more scenes like this in future story dlcs :)

Ok, there seems to be a LOT of confusion and misinformation here, so let's go :

1/ V can be reflected without additional cost (if you have RT on). After all, every other characters are reflected (Jackie, any unamed NPC etc..), why not V model? You can have your character reflected by a very minimal change using a text editor (you'll find it easily if you google it).
But right now, if you carry someone (dead or unconscious) and look at a refllective surface, you will see the person you carry levitating in a weird position, but not yourself.

2/ If V were reflected, you would have nightmare. CDPR, most certainly because of time constraint, abandonned the idea to unify first and third person model, like for example in the last game I played kingdom come delivrance. They chose to make a first person only model, and the issue is that this thing is horrible if seen in third person, hence the absence of V in reflections.

3/ The 3rd person character animation is already here, as it is used by NPCs. If you pay attention, NPCs do everything you can do, even the special move when you crounch while sprinting and start sliding on the ground. So no, this is not the issue

4/ The reason you can see yourself in those mirrors is that those mirrors do not mirror your character. This is an easy cheat, where they produce V 3rd person model (the same you have in your inventory, and franckly, not much work as 3rd person models exist for EVERY other characters) in a pose. You do not REALLY look at your character reflection, just a copy in front of you, like an NPC.

5/ V looks down in every mirrors because that is what V does at the beginning of the corpo lifepath (there was a good reason then, as V was sick and felt beat down). They simply didn't take the time to make any other pose and kept this pose for every mirror encounter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom