CP77 Gameplay Lenght for Each Class and Delivery Model?

+
Not being quickly over does not equal the game having a soul, nor does an extremely long game equal not having a soul.

The preference for shorter games doesn't make you a connoisseur of video games... it means you either don't have the time, or don't have the patience for longer games... either because of work or ADD.

Personally I am all for longer games, larger open worlds... it's not a matter of having a soul or not, it's a matter of wanting more for my money. Video games aren't cheap, and if I am going to plunk down 60 dollars or more, that game better keep me entertained for a long bloody time... not only with a long storyline, but with plenty to do beyond the storyline. GTA, Fallout3, Fallout New Vegas, Saints Row 2... these games were worth every bloody penny I spent on them. A game where I can complete the main story in under a week.... and there is simply nothing to do after that.... not worth the price of toilet paper. And don't tell me "start the game oper again" because fuck that, I heard that story, I played that shit.... there isn't going to be a significant enough difference, nor a reason to play it again, when everything I am able to accomplish is lost because the game just ends. This is why I no longer buy anything but sandbox, racing, or fighting games... they aren't worth the money or time to me.

I don't think the guy understands the difference between Japan and China...

I too am all for longer games, though what if the game presents a 'branch' point, so that the players who want to get it over and done, can, while we carry on the 'scenic toute'?

I too am all for longer games, though what if the game presents a 'branch' point, so that the players who want to get it over and done, can, while we carry on the 'scenic toute'?

Thats called the end of story missions, credits roll... once credits are done you can either keep playing, or start over.

25-50 hours ultragraphic experience gameplay but completly different storylines each time replayed with different class

This. I am hoping for unique, nonlinear storylines for each role, but mainly I want the game to be highly-reactive to player choices and decisions, including reactions to our clothing etc.

The focus should be on storytelling, imo.

First storyline and lots of options.

Good graphics are fine.

I don't see the point of ultragraph. It could mean less of what I actually want.

And a good enviroment and cyberpunk feeling cannot rely simply on "ultragraph".

I still replay Vampire Bloodlines every year, so you can guess where I stand on the graphics-whore issue.

I love pretty games, but that's well after plot, gameplay and the ability to watch Wisdom shoot up a restaurant when they get tofonions on his soyburger again.

I still replay Vampire Bloodlines every year, so you can guess where I stand on the graphics-whore issue.

I love pretty games, but that's well after plot, gameplay and the ability to watch Wisdom shoot up a restaurant when they get tofonions on his soyburger again.
Which would be better, watching him shoot up the place, change mags, then unload the whole thing into the waitress...

or...

Watching what happens when Max-Tac get there...

I know what you mean, but I don't think we have to worry about gameplay being sacrificed for ultragraph with CDP. I mean, look at TW2.

And we know it's pretty much gonna be ultragraph since it's REDengine :) Unless of course engine magically becomes outdated in few years.

It is not just storyline, but also the number of options available. The whole gameplay, as Chris said.

If both are great, and besides we get ultragraph, lovely.

+1

You know, I've never understood why people believe graphics are something which can be sacrificed in a visual medium, but I am not interested in derailing the train, so choo choo ahead.

Whereas I love to do that because chaos. It's also kind of relevant to the discussion.

Videogames are not merely a visual medium. They are visual and aural but for me, much of the medium is the same as text: one of ideas. Of imagination and memory.

Poignant moments, humourous moments, fearful moments. All to be found in video games but not necessarily attached to better and better graphic representation.

To The Moon was a very memorable, moving game. The plot, the characters, the music. Oh, the music. It wasn't too long, you could finish it in an afternoon. I remember it to this day, though, and I'm not a big adventure fan.

Honestly, even if you could give it HD graphics, or jack into the gameworld itself, I don't think you'd improve it much.

There are many other examples of gameplay or sound presentation or level design trumping graphic quality, but To The Moon is a game I thnk of where the graphics were barely functional, yet the game superb.

I hope 77 is visually pleasing, but since I already play Cyberpunk in my head, that's not why I go to the game and that's not what intrigues CDPR about it. Well, not only. So as much as they work on the graphics, I hope they put far, far more effort into class length and play options.

All mediums for creative expression are about ideas, imagination etc. But all mediums have their unique tools and characteristics which the artist/creator can employ, utilize. The aural and visual aspects of video games are made unique because of the interactivity aspect of games. But let's just talk about the visuals for now.

The visuals in a game can be used to define its themes and atmosphere, and improved graphical fidelity only complements those aspects if the effort to pay attention to them is not abandoned. It's not improved graphical fidelity which results in lacking games, but lazy or uninspired game making which does.

I just don't understand the complacency or attitude of settling when it comes to game developers. Would you settle for reading a book with blurry text, or words missing here or there?

Graphical fidelity is capable of adding detail, depth and layers to a game; it's not just window dressing. The problem is that lots of developers use it as window dressing, and they've stunted our understanding of what can be achieved with improved graphical fidelity.

Personally, I will be very happy if '77 is equal to TW3 graphically. Ultra realism isn't high on my agenda. I would love '77 if it was graphically siilar to RAGE or Borderlands. Even though they are cartoony, it doesn't detract from my immersion. I guess it's just how my mind works.

Mm. I see where Flash is coming from. Excluding games like To The Moon or, say, Xenonauts, and including games like Metro or Tomb Raider, it is disconcerting and unpleasant when you are staring at some blurry texture or sloppy rendering, especially when that is very much a case of detail work and not sooper-dooper-techengine.

I still get annoyed by how rectangular everything is, here in 2013. Light ray rendering and bloom galore, but so few well-done inner elbows.

I hope 77 is visually pleasing, but since I already play Cyberpunk in my head, that's not why I go to the game and that's not what intrigues CDPR about it. Well, not only. So as much as they work on the graphics, I hope they put far, far more effort into class length and play options.

100% agree. Sandbox world, storyline, gameplay and the lethal Cyberpunk 2020 system should come first.

And please no cartoons graphics for gods sake. Please make something Bladerunner climate like.
For me you do not need even to render anything in 3d. You can even use cinematic camera screen grabber or whatever with Max Headroom type or real actors.

And good music is the foundation. Amen.

Coming back to the topic, I still vote for 1000+ hours gameplay behemoth, fuck yeah!
If you agree with me, let me know what's your ideas on how the CDPR should deliver the content?
Online, DLCs, black magic box that will spit out cds with new quests, or "just" a very, very good sandbox?

Top Bottom