CP77 life - living "entities"

+
CP77 life - living "entities"

To keep it short,
I guess CP map is gonna be not only Night city, but also some nature and stuff..

What living "entities" should be in the game ?
By entities, I mean anything that moves on its own, like animals, humans, mutated elephants, robots,...

Personally, I would like:

Robots
- flying drones
- trailer woman like morphable assassins
- variety of police automated defensive devices

Wild animals
- bears, dogs, wolves, sharks, owls, pigeons, crows, crabs, snakes,...
- differences in aggression
- AI patterns - e.g can be tracked to nest, can be killed while sleeping,..

Is there some interesting living entity, you would like to see in game - not only by visuals, but also by AI, abilities, gameplay, personality, quest, story, or anything really ?
Do you have any revolutionary ideas about life and living entities in common ?

Ummmm ... why would there be a mutated anything in CP2077?
It's not a post-apocalyptic game, it's not set in the distant future (genetic drift takes more then a couple generations).
For that matter why would bears, wolves and other possibly hazardous wildlife suddenly become aggressive and be living near a city instead of as far as possible from them like they do now?

I'm confused.

Suhiira;n10740551 said:
It's not a post-apocalyptic game, it's not set in the distant future (genetic drift takes more then a couple generations).
For that matter why would bears, wolves and other possibly hazardous wildlife suddenly become aggressive and be living near a city instead of as far as possible from them like they do now?

I'm confused.

Genetic engeniring? But, there aren't many animals in the future, specially running around, maybe in the wilds, but why would there be bioengineered animals in the wild? Maybe CDPR can fill in the gaps and make it possible.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n10740551 said:
It was just a conversation starter; and also to make it clear I mean really any form of "life" - or lets say intelligence, not just humans,
that is animals and robots included.

Ok, so how would you fill large map areas outside of Night city?
Wouldn't there be any wild animals ?
Some life, or encounter - lets say - makes it easier to set up some events.
They can be killed, harvested for resources, food, etc - so they bring some value to gameplay too.

Would you model CP world kinda more to nowadays situation - that is people everywhere and wildlife is somewhat rare ?
Except for some small animals like birds, rabbits, etc.. - that is.

Last edited:
0248991;n10740701 said:
It was just a conversation starter; and also to make it clear I mean really any form of "life" - or lets say intelligence, not just humans,
that is animals and robots included.

I really like the idea of CP2077 having random encounters, with humans too. Gang wars, corporate conlicts, thefts, all happening every day and every night. Let Night City be chaos.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10740711 said:
Let Night City be chaos.
I like this idea, and that's why I think about CP more with post apocalyptic style.
Many levels of city, total mix of architecture - even nowadays, there is plenty of buildings far from history, in very good shape actually;
some over populated areas, problems with food, clothing - basic human needs.
Some time ago nuke dropped - so there can still be hate, fear, etc...
Politics, unsecurity, there could be something like world hunger crisis, global warming, or something about these lines...
But to make it all diverse, unique, feel alive, I guess that there should also be areas of peace and prosperity.

0248991;n10740791 said:
I like this idea, and that's why I think about CP more with post apocalyptic style.

I would be in favor of that if by "post apocalyptic" style is more like some areas, and only some areas, in or outside the city where there is only anarchy. Scape From New York style.

Suhiira;n10740551 said:

Some liberties will probably be taken for the sake of better gameplay, after all, it is not realistic either for the same animals to attack Geralt so frequently in the wilderness, nor is it something that is based on the Witcher novels. At least Cyberpunk should give more freedom in how the player can deal with (or just avoid) the creatures. And the wildlife being near the city is relative, of course the world will likely have to be scaled down to some extent, so in gameplay the physical distance can be shorter than it would be lore wise.

0248991;n10740701 said:
Ok, so how would you fill large map areas outside of Night city?
I wouldn't because there's zero reason to have vast areas of "wilderness" outside Night City.
This is the modern USA not a dark ages kingdom, there is no "wilderness". Outside the city (and suburb ring) you have farms and relatively peaceful towns/villages, or uninhabited wasteland good for nothing and virtually unoccupied (even by animals) because there's nothing to eat. There are no rampaging orc hordes, there are no mutant armies bent on conquest, it's BOREING ... so why even bother including it in the game?

0248991;n10740701 said:
Wouldn't there be any wild animals ?
Sure there are, and just like real wild animals you'll seldom see them, and they aren't going to attack humans unless they're cornered, they'll mostly run the F away.
So again, why bother to include them?

0248991;n10740701 said:
They can be killed, harvested for resources, food, etc - so they bring some value to gameplay too.
Oh? And your city born and bred solo, rocker, or media knows how to skin, butcher, and cook wild game?
Why not just go to the grocery store ... MUCH less hassle.

0248991;n10740701 said:
Would you model CP world kinda more to nowadays situation - that is people everywhere and wildlife is somewhat rare ?
Except for some small animals like birds, rabbits, etc.. - that is.
I don't need to ... it already is ... just look up the CP2020 PnP game manual on-line and read it.

sv3672;n10741031 said:
Some liberties will probably be taken for the sake of better gameplay, after all, it is not realistic either for the same animals to attack Geralt so frequently in the wilderness, nor is it something that is based on the Witcher novels.
Here we agree. I found the VAST numbers of wolves attacking in W3 annoying and ridiculous. The only thing that made less sense was the even vaster number of drowners ... while I didn't actually count I'm 99% sure there were more drowners in the game then the combined populations of every city, village, and farm put together ... where the hell did they all come from?

Last edited:
Suhiira;n10741901 said:
I wouldn't because there's zero reason to have vast areas of "wilderness" outside Night City.

Yeah... A lot of people are hoping the "Second open world" is wasteland outside of Night City or something. I just... don't get it. Why? I would rather have an entirely urban adventure, there's nothing I'm interested in outside of the city except for other cities.

By the way, I won't go so far as to say I don't want any nature in the game. Wildlife, etc. may not be common and may not even exist at all outside of rats and other survival-oriented species, but stuff like trees, grass, all that... Even in the densest of cities, that usually exists somewhere. Similarly, I'd like to see small ponds/lakes (man-made or otherwise, doesn't matter to me) to hang around at as well.

Heck, it can all be fake and man made if you need a "realistic" explanation for it (think Blade runner), but I would like it to exist. Part of the fun I've had in open world city-based games is finding those small, out-of-the-way locations to explore and enjoy being in.

Snowflakez;n10742151 said:
A lot of people are hoping the "Second open world" is wasteland outside of Night City or something

Because that's what is outside of Night City, things haven't been nice in the world of Cyberpunk 2020...bio-plagues and what not.

And for some geographical info on Night City per the Night City Source book, it is located on the California Coast just a bit south of Monterey, California. It would be on top of where Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park and Lockwood are located. And if that's to confusing, Night City is sitting on the California Coast smack dab between LA and San Francisco.

By the way, I won't go so far as to say I don't want any nature in the game. Wildlife, etc. may not be common and may not even exist at all outside of rats and other survival-oriented species, but stuff like trees, grass, all that... Even in the densest of cities, that usually exists somewhere. Similarly, I'd like to see small ponds/lakes (man-made or otherwise, doesn't matter to me) to hang around at as well.
Look at a map of Night City, there are parks and such.
And I have no doubt flying rats ... errr pigeons and seagulls ... abound.

walkingdarkly;n10742231 said:
Because that's what is outside of Night City, things haven't been nice in the world of Cyberpunk 2020...bio-plagues and what not.

And for some geographical info on Night City per the Night City Source book, it is located on the California Coast just a bit south of Monterey, California. It would be on top of where Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park and Lockwood are located. And if that's to confusing, Night City is sitting on the California Coast smack dab between LA and San Francisco.

I understand that's what exists outside of Night City. I'm saying I wouldn't want to actually play in it - it doesn't interest me at all. I've had enough of wasteland gameplay.

Suhiira;n10741901 said:
I wouldn't because there's zero reason to have vast areas of "wilderness" outside Night City. This is the modern USA not a dark ages kingdom, there is no "wilderness".

You may be wrong. Night City, is right bellow Monterey, an area surrounded by forests (at least today). And a little bit to the north, close to Watsonville there are also tons of forests. All of the pictures posted bellow are under Monterey except the last one which is close to Watsonville.

And lastly, a place north to where Night City is, around Watsonville:

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10742511 said:
You are wrong. Night City, is right bellow Monterey, an area surrounded by forests. And a little bit to the north, close to Watsonville there are also tons of forests. All of the pictures posted bellow are under Monterey except the last one which is close to Watsonville.
Umm ... "forest" isn't the same as "wilderness".
There are many "forests" in Eurpoe ... but there hasn't been any "wilderness" for centuries.

If you want "wilderness" try northern Canada or Alaska.

And keep in mind you're looking at a map of the real USA not of of Cyberpunk USA. There are significant differences.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10742511 said:
You may be wrong. Night City, is right bellow Monterey, an area surrounded by forests (at least today). And a little bit to the north, close to Watsonville there are also tons of forests. All of the pictures posted bellow are under Monterey except the last one which is close to Watsonville.

How did you find Google Earth street view images of a fictional location?

Snowflakez;n10742551 said:
How did you find Google Earth street view images of a fictional location?

You ridicule my post, yet I mentioned it's close to where Night City would be on present day, and not in Night City in the year 2077. Can you go lower than this to prove your point?

Suhiira;n10742531 said:
Umm ... "forest" isn't the same as "wilderness". There are many "forests" in Eurpoe ... but there hasn't been any "wilderness" for centuries.

One cares about ecology, the other usually doesn't. So it doens't matter in a Cyberpunk game with little to no animals.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10742591 said:
One cares about ecology, the other usually doesn't. So it doens't matter in a Cyberpunk game with little to no animals.
True, but the other problem is there's a good chance many of the forests that exist near Night Cities location in real California 2108 don't exist in Cyber California 2077 ... there have been a "couple" ecological disasters.

Suhiira;n10742761 said:
True, but the other problem is there's a good chance many of the forests that exist near Night Cities location in real California 2108 don't exist in Cyber California 2077

Exactly, it's up to CDPR to decide if there are any left. So making a sandbox area with forests or deserts in mind is plausible.

Yeah... A lot of people are hoping the "Second open world" is wasteland outside of Night City or something. I just... don't get it. Why? I would rather have an entirely urban adventure, there's nothing I'm interested in outside of the city except for other cities.

It makes some sense with the rumors about the game having a 4 times larger map than Witcher 3, it would be difficult to fill that with a dense urban environment that is not procedurally generated or feels somewhat lacking in unique content (keeping in mind that Novigrad is a small fraction of the entire map area in TW3). More diverse environments are also an attractive feature in open world games, players like it for example when they travel to Skellige or Toussaint and it feels quite different from the rest of the world. Of course, the rumors could very well be wrong.

Top Bottom