CP77 Wardrobes and Styles

+
Sirenapples;n10315042 said:
If the game is moddable, the sky is the limit on what outfits and styles you might be able to flaunt about. There could be more options in one mod than there are options in the base game, one mod of hundreds.

With all the talk of multiplayer though, my dream of cyberpunk being moddable withers and cyberpunk might be doomed to be a hundred hour game rather than a multi-thousand hour game, as Skyrim was. (Maybe I hit a thousand in Fallout 4 too but can't be sure of that.)

Agreed completely, with all of that.

My #1 dealbreaker is intrusive multiplayer. If it so happens that the multiplayer pulls resources from the singleplayer to the point where it's obvious more could have been done, I probably won't buy the game - not new, anyway. I'm tired of every game having tacked on multiplayer, or even good multiplayer that comes at the expense of the singleplayer (or the "main") experience.

But that's not the point of this thread.

On topic, as I mentioned a couple months back in here, I'd hope for your classic trench coats and the like, but also pretty crazy hairdos. Undercuts for women, vibrant hair and eye colors (probably via fashionware in the latter's case) and just general flashiness. Style is everything in Cyberpunk - this isn't Deus Ex. People don't just walk around looking like gothic teenagers 24/7. Some people do, obviously, but it shouldn't be the "standard".

Cyberpunk is depressing, but the depressing nature of the universe isn't all-encompassing like it is in other Cyberpunk forms of media. As Pondsmith himself said, there's gotta be that element of "punk", the rock and roll feeling, for it to fit the world.

Last edited:
Sirenapples;n10315042 said:
If the game is moddable, the sky is the limit on what outfits and styles you might be able to flaunt about. There could be more options in one mod than there are options in the base game, one mod of hundreds.
Problem is it highly probable there will be no mod kit or official support for modding in CP2077.
CDPR hasn't objected (as far as I know) to people modding the Witcher games, and I doubt they will for CP2077. But without modding tools don't expect to see significant amounts of mods.

Suhiira;n10316122 said:
Problem is it highly probable there will be no mod kit or official support for modding in CP2077.
CDPR hasn't objected (as far as I know) to people modding the Witcher games, and I doubt they will for CP2077. But without modding tools don't expect to see significant amounts of mods.

What brings you to that conclusion?

RED Kit for The Witcher 2, Mod Kit for the Witcher 3. It's not the same level of support as, say, Skyrim's Creation Kit, but it's still there - and people made some pretty cool stuff with it, including new animations, and entire gameplay/combat overhauls.

It would be in CDPR's best interest to release some sort of modding framework, tool or kit for 2077 - honestly, it's common sense when you develop games that you know will attract modders one way or the other. Mods make the game better, which in turn makes it more appealing to potential customers with zero effort on CDPR's part (aside from initial release/development of tools, of course).

I love it when players add new outfits and cosmetics to games, and I hope to see at least a bit of that with 2077 for sure.

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10316882 said:
What brings you to that conclusion?
Somewhere along the line (and I'll be damned if I can recall where) the possibility of another RED Kit came up and it was all but confirmed that wouldn't be happening. Might have been in regard to W3. But even tho CP2077 apparently uses an updated and modified version of the engine used for W3 it's not the same engine as was used in W3 so the W3 Mod Kit probably won't work.

The real problem is almost all game development uses tons of 3rd party software and none of that can be included in mod kits due to licensing issues so you need to use all home-grown or freeware compatible software in modding tools. Plus, to an extent a game needs to be designed with modding in mind for it to be possible by any but the most skilled "hackers", and by virtue of being "hackers" they generally have software the rest of us don't.

Suhiira;n10317672 said:
Somewhere along the line (and I'll be damned if I can recall where) the possibility of another RED Kit came up and it was all but confirmed that wouldn't be happening. Might have been in regard to W3. But even tho CP2077 apparently uses an updated and modified version of the engine used for W3 it's not the same engine as was used in W3 so the W3 Mod Kit probably won't work.

The real problem is almost all game development uses tons of 3rd party software and none of that can be included in mod kits due to licensing issues so you need to use all home-grown or freeware compatible software in modding tools. Plus, to an extent a game needs to be designed with modding in mind for it to be possible by any but the most skilled "hackers", and by virtue of being "hackers" they generally have software the rest of us don't.

Hmmm... Well, I don't recall them saying anything like that, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic as far as modding potential goes. It would a gigantic missed opportunity if they didn't provide any support whatsoever. But I suppose anything is possible.

Felis1977;n1283704 said:
What those guys said.

Also I want a ramones leather jacket for one of my characters :)

CD Projekt Red should take a page from Cryptic Studios' book and make the characters extremely customisable. Cyberpunk is "Form over Substance" afterall.

What they all said :)

As for me, any casual tech clothing, like ACG, Acronym and so on, would be much appreaciated. Windshell jackies, trackpants, shallow beanies, barefoot shoes like Vivo f.ex. Basically what I wear in real life. All of them are far from being kitschy and bulky (like the already famous 'samurai' jacket) but are as stylish and comfortable as they come and help maintain low key, yet fashionable looks. 100% cyberpunk streetwise jackass aestethics. Here are some examples:
1576536310266.png
1576536491069.png
1576536775224.png
1576536706320.png
1576536655978.png
1576536821342.png
1576536854832.png

Just to name a few. This is the sort of clothing I would expect from modern cyberpunk game and would personally enjoy wearing as my V the most. Hope you will find this style to your liking.

ALSO! any tech overalls/onesies/jumpsuits would be a dream come true.

Last edited:
Top Bottom