MA199_large.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 49
  • C-thru-Helmet.jpg
    C-thru-Helmet.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 57
  • C-thru-Helmet.jpg
    C-thru-Helmet.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 68
If outfits have that much impact, I'm for an immersion breaking pop-up menu that allows us to change on the fly. Driving all the way back to my apt. to switch outfits for missions in SR3 and Sleeping Dogs got old fast.

I'd only expect certain outfits / certain colors to only have an immediate, noticeable reactions from NPCs in either the worst parts of town (wearing the wrong colors,) or the best parts of town (dressing in a manner that gets you the "your kind" speech from local law / Corp Sec.)

Hm. Could do, could do. Though, I'd like to see these options touch on the idea of wardrobe having a plus, neutral, or minus value to certain in-game factions. Wearing something like this out in the wasteland or in the Combat Zone? No big. However, I'd expect headgear like this to make security in Corporate Plaza VERY nervous. And itchy with the trigger fingers.

I would like to have a clothing-faction system a bit similar to Hitman games actually. If i'm wearing a police uniform in game and i'm not doing anything suspicious, police officers around should not automatically know i'm not a police officer. (and gang tattoos on face should be a dead give away for example) Faction armor should matter.

Also, i want to be able to loot the clothing and the armor of the people i killed.. Fallout style.

i want to be able to loot the clothing and the armor of the people i killed.. Fallout style.

I can understand being able to take off someone's armor immediately when you loot them; normally it would take you several minutes to several tens of minutes, depending on the armor type, but in a game where you collect those things it would be extremely annoying having to spend game time taking off your victim's expensive armor. The Fallout and TES series are a good example of this.

I don't, however, see the need to be able to take off the person's clothes, at least not without spending time doing so, and evoking the appropriate reactions of any passerby. I mean really... You'd start undressing a dead person on the street? I mean, again, I understand taking his kevlar vest, because it's worth some eb, but man, it was sick enough in Skyrim and Fallout to autoloot everything and leave behind naked corpses. I personally don't think removing clothing needs to be an option.

Besides, would you really wear that sweaty, blood-stained piece of expensive clothing, riddled with bullet holes? Without at least taking the time to wash it first?

I can understand being able to take off someone's armor immediately when you loot them; normally it would take you several minutes to several tens of minutes, depending on the armor type, but in a game where you collect those things it would be extremely annoying having to spend game time taking off your victim's expensive armor. The Fallout and TES series are a good example of this.

I don't, however, see the need to be able to take off the person's clothes, at least not without spending time doing so, and evoking the appropriate reactions of any passerby. I mean really... You'd start undressing a dead person on the street? I mean, again, I understand taking his kevlar vest, because it's worth some eb, but man, it was sick enough in Skyrim and Fallout to autoloot everything and leave behind naked corpses. I personally don't think removing clothing needs to be an option.

Besides, would you really wear that sweaty, blood-stained piece of expensive clothing, riddled with bullet holes? Without at least taking the time to wash it first?

Sometimes you have to. Some clothing (assuming its faction clothing) can help you get in places without bloodshed. Some people will have a better armor than you do, wouldn't it be a waste to leave that exoskeleton behind, just because it might be sweaty? Also, i have no problem if looting wouldn't be instantaneous. And you kill people on the street and looting them there is immoral somehow? (You loot who you kill or get killed remember? People wouldn't be sticking around much longer, they would be running like hell) Even if there is people around who would judge you, you could always drag the body and loot it elsewhere. But that would take too much time. And whats wrong with leaving behind naked people? I mean we are all adults here and cyberpunk universe packed with nudity and sex.

Maybe there should be an option in the game menu to turn off +18 content for blood and nudity. Gaming companies can get away a lot if they used that system. Honestly i don't really understand people who likes to decapitate people but find nudity distasteful. Killing people in various ways is ok but sex is a problem.. Pfff..

And whats wrong with leaving behind naked people? I mean we are all adults here and cyberpunk universe packed with nudity and sex.

I travel from Whiterun to Riften, leaving behind a dozen naked bodies on the road, while my bags are full of dirty bandit underwear... Mmhmm. :cool:

Sure, you could choose not to loot clothing, but what I meant, and failed to put into words was, that when you use the auto loot, which you obviously do, it takes off the clothes as well, in those games. I would rather not have that in this game.

I travel from Whiterun to Riften, leaving behind a dozen naked bodies on the road, while my bags are full of dirty bandit underwear... Mmhmm. :cool:

Sure, you could choose not to loot clothing, but what I meant, and failed to put into words was, that when you use the auto loot, which you obviously do, it takes off the clothes as well, in those games. I would rather not have that in this game.

I never use auto loot, or anything cheat worthy for that matter. (I'm very strict about that) I don't loot every clothing and armor in game either. But want to be able to. Actually, i want to be able to loot cyber implants as well. They can be useful and if not, you can sell them for cash. (You should not be able to implant them yourself of course, and maybe looting cybernetics should be a skill gained later in game) And after all that, i want to be able to make dead bodies my puppets, attack to my enemies puppets! Attack! :D

Hm. Could do, could do. Though, I'd like to see these options touch on the idea of wardrobe having a plus, neutral, or minus value to certain in-game factions. Wearing something like this out in the wasteland or in the Combat Zone? No big. However, I'd expect headgear like this to make security in Corporate Plaza VERY nervous. And itchy with the trigger fingers.

Maybe the paranoia for biological warfare and virus epidemics got bigger, and proper gas maks are just an excentricity in fashionwear, maybe there's just as much/little acceptance with them as there is now with the Harajukucustom medical masks:

But yep, it would be very cool to have different reactions. The only problem I had with mandatory clothes changing in GTAIV was the little stupid things like "You only need to wear a suit, a tie and proper shoes for this mission" ... which apparently implies you can't wear seeing glasses, that gets you automatically out of the selection for a working post in a lawyer business. If only you can (and I know it's videogame logic, but I remember SR3 doing this well, what it didn't do well was giving different products to different stores... or did it?) access the items you've already bought in the dressing booth of any store and do things like "leave your glasses there" instead of having to cacht a fast cab to your safehouse JUST TO LEAVE YOUR GLASSES THERE!!!

Sometimes you have to. Some clothing (assuming its faction clothing) can help you get in places without bloodshed. Some people will have a better armor than you do, wouldn't it be a waste to leave that exoskeleton behind, just because it might be sweaty? Also, i have no problem if looting wouldn't be instantaneous. And you kill people on the street and looting them there is immoral somehow?. Pfff..

I don't think that's what C. Macleod meant... although, why am I interceding for him if he has already answered some other point in your post? It's not a matter of being grossed out by the sweat but if you want an RPG to be realistic, blood and bulletholes would get attention. Why is the person wearing the uniform alive when his vest is all bloodied and there's a lot of holes some of which are directly over vital parts (the ones you used to kill the former wearer, remember?)?
Maybe they should include a similar mechanic to that of the integrity of an item that has to be reforged after too much use. If your attack is too violent and too directed to a certain part of gear this part of gear would be rendered useless, it couldn't be looted or it would be just damaged fabric whose only use would be selling it for what damaged fabric is worth.

I don't think that's what C. Macleod meant... although, why am I interceding for him if he has already answered some other point in your post? It's not a matter of being grossed out by the sweat but if you want an RPG to be realistic, blood and bulletholes would get attention. Why is the person wearing the uniform alive when his vest is all bloodied and there's a lot of holes some of which are directly over vital parts (the ones you used to kill the former wearer, remember?)?
Maybe they should include a similar mechanic to that of the integrity of an item that has to be reforged after too much use. If your attack is too violent and too directed to a certain part of gear this part of gear would be rendered useless, it couldn't be looted or it would be just damaged fabric whose only use would be selling it for what damaged fabric is worth.

Having blood and bullet holes in your armor shouldn't matter that much. There will always be people who will attack you and your armor will get a bullet hole or two, you are going to kill them and their blood will be all over you. (same applies for uniforms) And what you are saying is nearly impossible (game mechanic wise) For that to be possible, game should actually be able to show and remember the wear, tear, bullet holes, blood, cuts and slashes of every single piece of armor and clothing. And if we assume armors and clothing would not be repairable, game would be extremely frustrating. (Since same set of rules would apply to you as well. You would have to change your armor more often than you do anything else.)

I think there should be repair system that doesn't cost too much that repairs everything but explosion damage. I mean we are talking about high tech stuff here, not medieval armor.

I'm on board with the idea of looting various things taking longer than other things (guard's official armor-jacket with the company logo, vs. stripping them down to their underwear.) I also like the idea of appropriate NPC reaction upon witnessing you trying to loot a body (from running away / calling the cops, to auto-hostiling the player, if the NPCs are the same faction as the body.)

How about some WWII style body armors?

It's definitely a Style. Might not exactly be very tactful, if you go the Nazi route, but it's a Style nonetheless. Helmets and body plating like that might not be armoring and clothing you'd wear outside of actual combat, although I can see gas masks being used. They're "stylish" today, so they'd definitely be that in Cyberpunk 2020/2077.

I'd love Wisdom and datafortress if it wasn't so...manga-y and anime-y. :cool:

(This was a reference to that fashion page, which seems to have nothing but aforementioned influences in the pictures.)

It's definitely a Style. Might not exactly be very tactful, if you go the Nazi route, but it's a Style nonetheless. Helmets and body plating like that might not be armoring and clothing you'd wear outside of actual combat, although I can see gas masks being used. They're "stylish" today, so they'd definitely be that in Cyberpunk 2020/2077.

Well, i wouldn't call it the nazi route. The first one is a Russian body armor (flak jacket), the second one was used by Germany in WWII, but again, its a copy of a model originally created by Soviets. They just copied it.

Well, there's a Style that people see as "Nazi", that's just something you can't get around. It doesn't matter where it comes from originally. For example, the swastika. It's not a Nazi invention. They just took it. However, good luck using it today. Or, Hitler 'stache. Or the name Adolf. Or the name Hitler. Or Göring. And so on.

There's just connotations for certain things, and certain military gear and looks just bring "Nazi" to mind. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

Also, WW2 Russian military isn't appreciated in all circles either. That's just how it is.

Top Bottom