CP77 Wardrobes and Styles

+
Right, finally got a few friends together for a chat about the potential of an engineered plague that could theoreticaly wipe out most illicit drug producing plants, (and the possibility that it could mutate and affect crop plants as well.) The other participants of the conversation have qualifications and/or first hand experience in the fields of micro-biology, botanical science and chemical & biological warfare. (What can I say, I know some intersting people.)

To say that the results of that conversation scared the shit out of me is an understatement. (Also, I think we freaked out the bar staff...)

Here are some of the conclusions reached regarding the CP2020 Bioplague:

1 - It would almost certainly be a viral agent, (because even though a fungal spore could achieve the desired goal, it would be much harder to delivere effectively and much easier to combat. It would also be easier to spot, possibly preventing the necessary level of cross contamination of the target plants.)

2 - If a virus was cerated that specifically targeted the DNA sequences of specific strains of plants used in the drugs manufactuing industry, it could very easily mutate and begin to affect other plants.

3 - It could also mutate and affect the local fauna, not just flora. It could also affect humans - remember avian-flu? (That part was pretty scary. The idea of dying from a genetic virus, engineered to kill off coca plants and opiate poppies is unpleasent - especially considering the potential effects.)

4 - Radiation would be needed to instigate the mutation. UV light would not only be a perfectly suitable source of this radiation, but it would be plentiful in the appropriate locale.

5 - The stability of the virus would also be a big issue, as it would define the probability of mutation within the virus structure, as well as define it's capacity to react to potential immunities and resistances within the target strains.

6 - If this virus ever did exist and if it ever did mutate so that it could affect grasses such as Wheat, Barley and other cereals, we would all be fucked. It would most likely affect the majority of tree species before then, (as they are much closer genetically to coca than grasses are,) and most other flowering plants, (for similar reasons.) In short, almost all botanical life on the planet would cease to be, meaning we would run out of breatheable air before we could starve to death from the lack of food.

In short, the bio-plague that wiped out crops as well as coca and poppies would fuck us all.

There was another idea however:

- What if a corporation, (one that would stand ready to provide food substitues and alternatives to the cereal plants destroyed by the plague,) used the CIA bioplague as a cover for them releasing their own strain, thus wiping out other plants in an effort to create a demand for their failing products?

1 - This makes much more sense from a scientific point of view, due to the specific nature of the plants that were killed off.

2 - Far less 'collateral damage'.

So, hemp may indeed be around in 2020 and into 2077, but I maintain that synthetics would be much more common, due to the requirement for arable land needed to produce all the other goods, services and materials needed by the 21st century.

Hemp. Canvas. Dusters.

Do you have a link? Because that sounds like nineteen kinds of awesome that I want.

Hemp. Canvas. Dusters.

Do you have a link? Because that sounds like nineteen kinds of awesome that I want.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Bastard.

Still.....you have to admit, those shoulders got some pizzaz. Pizaz? Pizazz? Whatever.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Bastard.

Still.....you have to admit, those shoulders got some pizzaz. Pizaz? Pizazz? Whatever.

I posted the first picture that came up. Honest.

And to be fair, the only other valid picture was of an old texan guy trying to model a coat so knew it still had the creases in it from being folded up in it's packaging.

I can't remember if this one was posted before or not, but I think it sums up a pretty good view of street fashion for '77.

THIS GUSY WORK is pretty good really.

It wasn't, but since I follow this guy I was planning on posting it someday. You beat me to it, mofo! XD
But yes, many users have submitted a lot of his art to the artworks post. His take on trendy girly but still epic cyberpunk is really cool.

Now, through the magic of quoting, we have this picture twice in the forums :D

I se no grease, (except the stuff he's eaten,) oil, random mechanical parts, engines, welding burns or tools.

He's a netrunner who has limited basic tech and electronics pickup skills.

You have no evidence he can turn on a computer.. Let alone connecting to the net.. That guy looks like he ate the net.. (I mean, are you sure he would fit the net? All that data... Too much..) Also, just because there is no "oil, random mechanical parts, engines, welding burns or tools" around it doesn't mean he is not a techie.. It just means that he is not fixing a car at the moment.. Maybe before siting and fixing computers, he fixed a car, but his clothing got oiled, so he just got rid of them.. Dunno... He is definitely a tech with electronics skill...

You know nothing of techies...

Unless you are saying netrunners are usually fat and naked, you are wrong.. How do you even know if he doesn't have tools? Do techies fix nothing but cars? Can't they fix computers naked? Or they need to use a welding tool to fix a computer? Yeah, i didn't think so.. I think i've made my point..

Unless you are saying netrunners are usually fat and naked, you are wrong.. How do you even know if he doesn't have tools? Do techies fix nothing but cars? Can't they fix computers naked? Or they need to use a welding tool to fix a computer? Yeah, i didn't think so.. I think i've made my point..

We are talking about stereotypes, not 'maybe', 'possibly' or 'could be'. The picture I posted was meant for comedic relief, but hey.

My point however is that the environment the guy is in is far too clean for your average techie. Also the fact that everything is computer related and nothing even remotely related to any other technical activity points towards him being less technically minded in a physical capacity, (reinforced by the lack of any form of muscule development - which would be present when repeatedly handling heavy objects and carrying out physical tasks,) and more towards a non-materialised technical ability. My best guess would be programming/hacking. If he was a Techie there would be random parts, tools and all sorts of other odds and ends around.

Also, he has a cat. No Techie would have a cat because they are the bane of trying to complete any task requiring fine motor control. The guy obviously doesn't work on the computers often.

I really don't want to think about why there is a pot of KY in the bottom left corner of the image...

...We are still joking right?..

....I mean, do we really discuss about the profession of that dude?

I just wanted to say that he can't be a netrunner because he looks like he ate the net.. He can't be a techie either, he would ate the tools and the parts.. It seems like he is eating mat motherboard at the moment.. That cat is in danger my friend...

...We are still joking right?..

....I mean, do we really discuss about the profession of that dude?

I just wanted to say that he can't be a netrunner because he looks like he ate the net.. He can't be a techie either, he would ate the tools and the parts.. It seems like he is eating mat motherboard at the moment.. That cat is in danger my friend...

Do you think he's eating the parts from a spare PC too?

Top Bottom