CPU overheating despite liquid cooling

+
I recently purchased a custom-built PC for gaming, so I was not expecting to run into overheating with merely opening Cyberpunk. My PC hit 93 degrees before I shut off the program. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x with a CyberPowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate. I bought it from CyberPowerPC using the Game Master 8000 as a template.

Is this a CP77 issue or a computer issue?

Cyberpower isn't generally the highest quality components or assembly, my guess would be a bad mount on your aio. Have you run any benchmarks. like prime95? If not, get that and hardware monitor. Run a small batch of prime95, if you go over 90 immediately you need to remount the aio.

As said above, my first guess is that they didn’t mount the cooler properly and it isn’t making proper contact.

Second guess would be that the cooler has a factory fault, possibly a dead pump.

Give Cyberpower support a call and they must sort it out for you at no cost.

If Cyberpunk is making your CPU overheat, there are other CPU heavy games and apps that will do the same.

to stress test a system CPU, I'd usually use "cinebench" on a loop (it's free)..

if it can do that without melting, then it can play any game, for any duration.. if it can't do that, return the system. inadequate cooling.

in cyberpunk if you put it on Windowed Borderless and click on the desktop (deselecting the game) and play with a controller temps go down 20 to 30C without losing any fps meaning if you had 80C it will go down to 55-65C
Post automatically merged:

DC9V

Forum veteran
I wouldn't worry too much but you should definitely get a better cooler.
(Temps up to 90°C are totally fine for Ryzen 5000 series.)

But before that you can try these settings:
  • Cap FPS at 240, it will lower temps when launching the game. There's an in-game option for that.
    You can also cap FPS in the GPU control panel.
  • Go to Bios and disable PBO (this will decrease performance)

Last edited:
Even if the rad size is too small, this is a prebuilt machine under complete warranty and support by Cyberpower and it's their problem to solve.

OP probably isn't comfortable opening the machine to diagnose this, nor should he have to, he really should give their support a call. Having the support and system warranty is kind of the point of a prebuild.

Don't listen to the people giving fault to the120mm radiator, jeah might not be ideal but it still wouldn't raise your CPU to 92 celsius just from starting up the game (or playing any game for that matter unless HIGHLY overclocked), this isn't a sustained synthetic load.

1. CPU mount is not seated right, and thus not making good contact with the CPU.
2. Pump is dead, I had a corsair h100i v2 that had it's pump die on me (twice, switched to air after, not worth the hassle) and it would basically make my cpu run at 100+ degrees just in BIOS. [This is ofcourse less likely if you don't notice any issues in idle]
3. Voltage is set aggressive on the 5800x, tune it down yourself.
4. combination of problems (probably 1 and 3)

Also, clown is apparently a no-no word, guess I hit someone on their grenade nose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom