Crackling noise when starting the game

+
Crackling noise when starting the game

Hello there! Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas.

As the title says, I'm having some issue with a crackling noise through the headphones / speakers while the game is starting and at the main menu. I think the same problem also happened when I installed GRID the other day(it was free). I began to wonder, and I thought the problem could be OpenAL, since it was mandatory when I installed the game.
I have now completely removed GRID and OpenAL, but the problems persists. I was a bit worried that it could be a hardware issue, but I can't reproduce the issue with any other game I have.

Thank you.

PS: CPU - i5 4690k; GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970; RAM - 16Gb; PSU - XFX TS 550; Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97P-D3

Last edited:
Check to ensure your sound card is configured for 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality).

Right-click on the little speaker icon on Windows Taskbar, choose your main device (by clicking the appropriate icon over the appropriate slider [though most people only have one slider]), then on the Speaker Properties window, select the Advanced tab. If the frequency is different, manually change it to the above.

I have this problem here and changing sound to 24bit, 48000Hz didn't solve it!

Some other idea?????

I think it is related to saving the game in certain locations. I don't exactly know the cause of this problem. To fix this just move to another location and save again. It worked for me once.

Top Bottom