Crafted weapon damage <> listed damage in crafting screen

+
In crafting screen, epic Overture gun damage changes when clicking on it (between 307.2 and 503.8 DPS at level 28).
I'm trying to craft one with high damage roll, but the listed damage in crafting screen does not match the crafted weapon damage.

Is it completely random and the damage listed in crafting screen simply shows the possible results?

Seen the same issue with other weapons, including melee.

Attachments

• Overture - crafting.JPG
    Overture - crafting.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Overture - result.JPG
    Overture - result.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 159
It says RIGHT THERE. "Crafted item will receive a random stat". Some stats incraese the DPS more than others.

I'm asking specifically about crafted weapons DPS.
You can craft 2 weapons with the same stats and different DPS.
So it seems like crit chance or crit damage are not counted as part of weapon DPS.

I'm asking specifically about crafted weapons DPS.
You can craft 2 weapons with the same stats and different DPS.
So it seems like crit chance or crit damage are not counted as part of weapon DPS.

They are, but they count as different totals.

Look, let's say you have 100% crit damage but 0% crit chance. At that point the 100% crit damage will count as 0 dps because you'll never crit with a 0% crit chance. Get it?

You're saying weapon DPS in crafting screen is a result of random stats combinations right?

Meaning that it's pointless to get a good DPS roll before crafting, it's completely random.

Yeah idk. I really don't like the crafting and randomized stats in this game. Imo it just really doesn't belong and needs to be reworked.

The randomized bit not the crafting bit.

Yeah idk. I really don't like the crafting and randomized stats in this game. Imo it just really doesn't belong and needs to be reworked.

The randomized bit not the crafting bit.

It's not like it matters. If the toughest enemies have like 100k hp, wtf does it matter if your gun hits for 300, or 310k?

if we only count the damage stats on the crafted gun, these are fixed within range and the type of damage

average base damage is 255 plus the average random typed damage 176 multiply per shots per seconds 1.34 makes 574 dps. the tooltip says is 337 dps

Top Bottom