Crafting at level 50 needed?

+
I am currently at level 50 with 50 Street cred, my armor rating is sitting at 8205 and i can get it up over 12,000 with my perks

Now that i have the armor i want and the legendary guns i want is crafting even worth it at this point.
Been thinking of resetting my perks and removing the crafting aspect to see what body (shotguns) or quick hacking are like but i am just not 100% yet and would like some feedback before i reset.

Money isn't an option on the reset cost since loot is so abundant

If you have craft all what you want, yes you can ;)
Maybe craft some legendary mods for weapons/clothes before, for have a "stock", could be a good idea (like 10-20 of each).
But only perk points will be "reseted", not skill points. If you are "stuck" at 12 in body, no way to have higher Body skill.

What comes to loot and that, I actually appreciated a lot that I could play practical mercenary and used whatever. I have three playthroughs and on second one I tried to get on looting / crafting and that and came close to abandoning that run. It's not just CP 2077, it's just not for me regardless of game. But like I wrote, on my first and third playthroughs I practically ignored Tech and what I think would make game more appealing to larger group of gamers is that there would be a way to plan economy of build ahead. Now it's questionable if game economy is about eddies or components, now there's no convenient way to know how much components leveling weapon or whatever from level 1 to 50 takes overall and as game is still being polished these in-game economical factors are also subject to change.

It works for fans of looting / crafting but for others like me, my first playthrough with very few points in Tech was based on taking a risk, see if that would work and just going by that. It would be good if there were easier way for player to figure that out and plan their build when creating their characters.
For avoid off-topic, I write/answer here (I didn't found a better thread).

So I recently watch a lot of Playthroughs and honestly the big problem that I can see it's because players don't paid attention (or it's not enough explained) that crafting and upgrading are totally different things.

In most of playthroughs that I watched, players really like a weapon but at one moment (after few/lot of level up), they think that their favorite weapon is too weak and sell it/dismantle it (which is true). But they never go in the "crafting" part of the inventory because they don't have a high crafting skill (in this case, the "upgrade" tab).
Like : "I love my iconic Dying Night, but it's too weak... whatever... I'll sell/stash it, I'll keep this common Lexington who deal more damage..."
It's a shame, if you ask me :(

Because even without any crafting skill and with few eddies in weapon shops to buy components (if you don't want loot/dismantle), you are always able to keep your "best" weapons at your level (so mostly "better" than the loot that you can find). Yes, upgrading something to level 50 from level 1 is damn expansive... But for 10-20 levels, it's fine and not really expansive.
In short, it only require to buy a bunch of components one time, clic one time at each level up on "upgrade" in crafting tab on your favorite weapon. It's done, super easy, super fast (and your weapon will always stay "better" than almost all the other ones that you can loot or let on the ground).

Last edited:
Because even without any crafting skill and with few eddies in weapon shops to buy components (if you don't want loot/dismantle), you are always able to keep your "best" weapons at your level (so mostly "better" than the loot that you can find). Yes, upgrading something to level 50 from level 1 is damn expansive... But for 10-20 levels, it's fine and not really expansive.
In short, it only require to buy a bunch of components one time, clic one time at each level up on "upgrade" in crafting tab on your favorite weapon. It's done; super easy, super fast.
Yeah, hung up with some of my favorite baseball bats and shotgun like this during my first playthrough, but when I decided to go with that playstyle and character, I had no idea that it would actually work. Fortunately it did but how many people are willing to take that chance? So it would be good if game could telegraph this to players that you really can have character like this in some better way.

Yeah, hung up with some of my favorite baseball bats and shotgun like this during my first playthrough, but when I decided to go with that playstyle and character, I had no idea that it would actually work. Fortunately it did but how many people are willing to take that chance? So it would be good if game could telegraph this to players that you really can have character like this in some better way.
Yeah, but at the end, it's always the same "problem", the lack of explanations about some features which is a shame, because the game could be better if these features were well explained at the beginning.
The same for tutorials with T-Bug, it's way to short for hacking, way too short for sneaking (sneaking+QHs is the best), also way too short with melee fight (a try with sandevistan should also be cool)... :(
For sneaking, in my first playthrough, I really think it was impossible to avoid any combat... But it's "easy" when you know how to do it :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom