Crafting - Bug or Not?

+
I have a question about item crafting
Some weapons I have the Legendary and Rare recipe for, but I don't have Epic and Common (I dismounted previously). That way, I can only create the weapons again (Legendary) if I had saved the weapons that I don't have the recipe for (Epic, Rare and Common)? or is it a bug for not receiving the recipes of inferior qualities?
or if there is a need to keep the lower quality weapons to create better ones, shouldn't that be explicit somewhere?
Will the inventory be full of inferior weapons and clothing to create Legendary's later on?

I'm using google translator, please forgive me for any mistake.

Last edited:
Iconics you need the lower tier to upgrade to the next tier IE rare to epic and as soon as you get the iconic weapon/clothing aslong as you have the relevant materials and perks you can upgrade away, the ones that arent iconic you dont need the previous tier to craft but do need the corresponding recipe and perks/materials

Some iconics unfortunately dont seem to craft upwards as intended as the lower tier item stays in your inventory and you cant move them out to store, most notably all Johnny's attire and Panam's Sniper, but then maybe thats intended and if so the option to store should be made available, personally i think its a bug as last playthrough i had alot of additional weight because i had rare and epic versions of every piece of johnnys attire in inventory and nowhere to put them, same with Panams sniper

I updated the question because where I wrote Iconic it should be Epic (referring to quality). Iconic refers to the item itself, about it being different from the others but it can be Common, Rare, Epic or Legendary in its quality...

For non iconic weapons and clothing you do not require the previous tier of said item to craft the recipe, aslong as you have the recipe, regardless of its rarity, you can craft the item

@Krul2k already stated this perfectly, but I might add that if you intend to upgrade Johnny's iconic attire, that you embrace save scumming to save yourself the inventory space. It's a PitA but its better than lugging 12 pairs of johnny shoes around, only one with 3 slots.

Personally I do not upgrade iconic items unless I intend to use them for a significant time. Johnny's items I do not upgrade at all for the stuck in inventory situation and the fact that I honestly cannot stand the look of the entire set when wearing them for some reason.

Top Bottom