Crafting confused

+
The mods and Icon stuff are pretty straight forward but I have some gear that tells me upgrading will increase the quality, does all crafted gear do this?

Cuz I been using the Black Unicorn and it dosnt have any notifictions on it and it turned Epic after upgrading.

And what is the point buying White schematics for wepons unless this is a thing?

Just the gear you get from CDPR in the start. black unicorn, 2 shirts, 1 jacket(sorry its 3 jackets now i think?)). they changed it this patch too work like that. White schematics are pretty pointless unless they gives you green/blue/epic depending on your skill level just like for example most mods do

Nope, only those added by linking your GOG account (like black unicorn) or added by DLCs (like Viktor's jackets).
All the rest, upgrading them only increase the stats ;)
And like @Notserious80 said, no point to buy common crafting specs (maybe at least, uncommon if you want a specific weapon early game, like an overture). Or if you want you can buy mod crafting specs, like Crunch mod, but you should be able to find them for free in the world.

How do I know if the white schematics will get upgraded with crafting level?

I seen them at vendors for like 18k, very weird they are totally useless?

Mods both weapon and armor are like that. Not sure they are any other like that tbh, you also learn some recepys at skill levels. i generaly only buy recepys for stuff i think look cool or i feel i want even if its useless ^^ most iconic is dropped in the world or learned by obtaining the weapon. clothes has some legendary recepys at vendors.

Yeah I noticed new recipes pops in from outer space when my crafting level increase.

This is a bloody mess.

How do I know if the white schematics will get upgraded with crafting level?

I seen them at vendors for like 18k, very weird they are totally useless?
From memories (there are others) > Crunch, Pacifier, Penetrator, Armadillo, Resist!,...
These mods rarity will increase in function of your crafting skill.
All weapons/clothes crafting specs won't.

Yeah I noticed new recipes pops in from outer space when my crafting level increase.

This is a bloody mess.

Normally I am a big crafter and gear optimizer in games. In Cyberpunk I was not. Felt pretty powerful already without any kind of min-maxing and thought the crafting was clunky and unintuitive.

Ok thanks for the feedback.

Guess common schematics for gear is for roleplayers and wepons is only something CDPR can explain.

Normally I am a big crafter and gear optimizer in games. In Cyberpunk I was not. Felt pretty powerful already without any kind of min-maxing and thought the crafting was clunky and unintuitive.
Actually there is absolutely no need for crafting / min/max in CP - you can kill everything one shot with loot grabbed from the street if your perks are okay-ish.

Crafted Weapons tho are even more op - way stronger than ever needed.

If you are interested, when you are looking at your skills section, on the Crafting tab, bottom left shows your perks and what you get for each perk level. This includes those "from outer space" bp's :)

Basically all clothing and weapon mods increase in rarity as your crafting gets higher but actual weapons and clothing will not. So if you want some epic pants for example, you need to find an epic crafting spec for that. If you find let's say a white armadillo spec, then that will increase in rarity with your crafting skill.
So in case of mods, it doesn't matter at what rarity you buy/find them it but in case of actual equipment it does. So buying common specs for guns is quite pointless IMO.

The Crafting/Upgrading system is bad all around Transmog will go a long way to fix the terrible armor BS but it’s still a half baked system tbh.
Post automatically merged:

I’ve always said from the beginning that there should have been An in game shop/vendor with all Clothing/Armor/Weapon/Mod Crafting recipes available for purchase instead of the terrible system they put into the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom