Crafting Feels Mandatory

+
As the title says, adding stat points into tech for crafting feels mandatory, especially for Very Hard levels of difficulty.

I feel as if crafting should be it's own entity in the game and add something else to the tech tree.

This is just my opinion, nothing else.

It ”feels” mandatory, but it really is not. You can find everything you need among the trash on the ground or the mountain of corpses you produce.

Aside from a handful of items that proved useful, but without which I could’ve well survived, I almost felt a bit cheated with how pointless all the investments in the crafting perks turned out to be.

I hate crafting, but in this game I've been paying more attention to it. At least for weps n' ammo.

I dislike how it feels mandatory in regards towards being able to keep using iconic equipment. But otherwise not really.
The level idea of iconic gear, with not preset mod slots, leads imo also to the problem of it feeling as if it was best to just gather that stuff when you nearly reached max level...

Crafting is a joke and a pain to level in. So i have to old the button down for x amount of time, just to craft 1 item, for a small amount of xp vs what i need. So poorly designed.

I never crafted as I never felt like I needed to. I picked up weapons and used them or used the skills I put talent points in to. Again, I never felt the need to craft so to say that it "feels mandatory" is completely subjective.

Other than looks, and that some can be displayed in your weapon locker, the iconics aren't all that different from their standard models. If the crafting really bothers you, just use legendaries found in the world, or by new versions at the shop every few levels.

Much like the Witcher 3, the game is horribly easy in some ways, and most of the upgrades and talent trees are fluff and you don't really need them to beat the game. Bioshock had the same problem
The only solution to the lack of difficulty is mods. The game ought to be so hard that some parts are unbeatable unless you have a solid build that requires exploring the world and completing quests to properly equip your character. That's what would make a good RPG, but instead all the upgrades, talents, quickhacks, crafting and better weapons are fluff that makes the gameplay trivial, and is not needed to win. The 'very hard' difficulty setting is actually quite easy. And nearly every AAA release has this exact same problem [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Holding a button for a few seconds bothers you? I have ADHD and my attention ain't that limited.

If i only wanted to craft 1 item, then no. But when you try to level in crafting, it becomes a pain. I have a feeling the designed of this, never leveled in crafting in a game. It's not about attention, but about having to constantly click/hold down to craft lots of items for leveling crafting

Crafting also misses a sound effect. It really feels like there should be some sort of "zzzzzip" when the "loading" gets done.

If i only wanted to craft 1 item, then no. But when you try to level in crafting, it becomes a pain. I have a feeling the designed of this, never leveled in crafting in a game. It's not about attention, but about having to constantly click/hold down to craft lots of items for leveling crafting
It's only long and boring when you try to have rare/epics mods like armadillos (for me).
For the rest (grenade, health), it's good :)
(components are sheap now, useless to craft them)

actually, bulk crafting items isn't really that time effecient for crafting exp. Fastest way to level up is upgrading things. Breaking down and crafting cheap items is more resource efficient, but not that time effecient. Considering there are tons of junk stores, loot drops, and trash to break down, I'm not sure saving materials is that important after the very beginning of the game.

Also, crafting is probably the easiest skill to level up regardless which path you choose to do it. Sooo really crafting is pretty easy
Post automatically merged:

As the title says, adding stat points into tech for crafting feels mandatory, especially for Very Hard levels of difficulty.

I feel as if crafting should be it's own entity in the game and add something else to the tech tree.

This is just my opinion, nothing else.

crafting's only real dominance is in iconics, its very good if you don't want to pick things up all the time. Otherwise though, gear is scaled to your level, and random stats can be pretty strong. Crafting is pretty uneccessary, but it is useful for some playstyles. I think ther should be more recipes for cosmetics though

Top Bottom