Crafting Gold [Legendary] Cards!

+
Crafting Gold [Legendary] Cards!

Hi There!.. I need help with my next neutral gold card craft and I would like to hear your opinions guys ;)

I have already: Geralt: Igni, Yennefer (normal), Yennefer: the Conjurer, Ragh Nar Roog and Villentretenmerth...so...

What should be the next one between: Ciri, Ciri-Dash or Renew ??

I'm thinking that "Renew" can be a real nightmare resurrecting Villentre, Yennefer or Igni (or whatever gold creature card)... But Ciri is a fresh gold card in hand and Dash can come back to fight again and again so.....I'm a mess XD

Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Raukoainur;n8796250 said:
Hi There!.. I need help with my next neutral gold card craft and I would like to hear your opinions guys ;)

I have already: Geralt: Igni, Yennefer (normal), Yennefer: the Conjurer, Ragh Nar Roog and Villentretenmerth...so...

What should be the next one between: Ciri, Ciri-Dash or Renew ??

I'm thinking that "Renew" can be a real nightmare resurrecting Villentre, Yennefer or Igni (or whatever gold creature card)... But Ciri is a fresh gold card in hand and Dash can come back to fight again and again so.....I'm a mess XD

Thanks in advance ;)

Ciri Dash works only in decks that can thin themselves to 2-3 cards before round 3 (example: NG Calveit deck).
Can't say what's better Renew or Ciri, but a lot of people use Ciri and not Renew. I don't really remember any top MMR players who use Renew.

Renew is used a fair amount at the higher levels actually, but Ciri is probably used more often. In fact outside of Villen, Ciri is probably the most commonly used neutral I see on top level streams. Once again, always depends what you play, but I would definitely say get Ciri before the other two, especially Ciri : Dash.

Guest 4139610

I actually never used any of mentioned cards except for Renew so I can really recomend only that one If used right it can be a real pain in the behind and a powerfull weapon. After all using Philiipa against NR is quite a satisfaction. (just an example) or using opponents own Villentretenmerth against him is quite evil :)

Renew is amazing against NG players thinking they can get an easy win on round 2 after losing round 1. Just let them play Tibor on round 2 (or push them to do so) and then Renew Tibor on round 3.
It also works nicely against control deck using Regis: Higher Vampire. Just renew their regis on round 3 and destroy their precious buffed bronze units.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, i think Renew got a lot more interesting with it's new feature to be able to ressurect Golds from enemy graveyard too.

I still recommend Ciri 1st, as it is more versatile (i know i already crafted mine). But i definitely wanna get Renew again to see what i can come up with Double Kambi / Hemdall, or just teaching my opponent that karma's a b*tch when i revive his RGR...

DRK3;n8807680 said:
Yeah, i think Renew got a lot more interesting with it's new feature to be able to ressurect Golds from enemy graveyard too.

I still recommend Ciri 1st, as it is more versatile (i know i already crafted mine). But i definitely wanna get Renew again to see what i can come up with Double Kambi / Hemdall, or just teaching my opponent that karma's a b*tch when i revive his RGR...

Renew can't resurrect gold special cards, neither can it resurrect Kambis (Heimdalls description says: Banish all allied Kambies; well only if he activates)

I'd take Ciri regular, she's awesome all around if used properly. Just make sure to use her well, she can be tricky.

DRK3;n8807680 said:
Ya my Geralt: Igni being used against my Three Horsemen was a big surprise the first time it happened...

DRK3

Forum veteran
onlybalint;n8807890 said:
Renew can't resurrect gold special cards, neither can it resurrect Kambis (Heimdalls description says: Banish all allied Kambies; well only if he activates)

OK thanks for the info. But even if i cant ressurect Kambi (which would probably take too long on Round 3), it probably still works on an instant Heimdall, which makes it super effective, no?

Renew is a really good neutral gold but I'd say Ciri is more versatile and more useful in more situations. Especially if you are running Calveit NG.

DRK3;n8808070 said:
OK thanks for the info. But even if i cant ressurect Kambi (which would probably take too long on Round 3), it probably still works on an instant Heimdall, which makes it super effective, no?

Hm, you might be right. I am not sure about that interaction. There might me various ways it plays out:
- Heimdall resurrects on your side of the board, killing all units, clearing all weather
- Heimdall resurrects on your opponents side of the board, doing the same
- He might be similar to Ocvist, meaning he loses his ability after activating, he might even be doomed, I don't remember (my bet is on this one)

Anyways we have to try it! I am happy to see I am not the only one trying to make Kambi decks work :)

DRK3

Forum veteran
onlybalint;n8816070 said:
Hm, you might be right. I am not sure about that interaction. There might me various ways it plays out:
- Heimdall resurrects on your side of the board, killing all units, clearing all weather
- Heimdall resurrects on your opponents side of the board, doing the same
- He might be similar to Ocvist, meaning he loses his ability after activating, he might even be doomed, I don't remember (my bet is on this one)

Anyways we have to try it! I am happy to see I am not the only one trying to make Kambi decks work :)

I checked today and unfortunately HEMDALL is Doomed too, just as Kambi, so i guess Renew wont work at all. Oh well, gotta go back to the old Hjalmar strategy i already used in CB... I dont like Cerys / QG and the other new gold that might fit in this deck type is the Wild Boar of the Sea, which is kinda useless except for this purpose...

I asked about gold cards in another topic and people told me to focus on neutrals. They recommended:
Igni, which i crafted, YenCon and Borch.
YenCon looks good and Borch looks amazing ( but tricky ) but my problem with those cards is, if they get locked, they are useless ( unless you have decoy, blah, blah ). The few times i came across those cards, i worked around them rather easily. So, what do i craft? I have enough scraps for 2.

DRK3;n8807680 said:
teaching my opponent that karma's a b*tch
Yesterday an opponent used RNR. In the next round they used RNR again, and i was dumbfounded for a few seconds, until i realized they stole RNR from my deck. In the end, i won the match. Karma indeed! Don't mess with your opponents cards! ;)
I should have gotten a special achievement, since most people complain about how op and unfair gold weather is: "I survived a double RNR attack"!
Joking aside, because i'm so sick and tired of my deck and graveyard getting messed with and plundered, i'm really tempted to craft Renew.

Wait, Renew can use gold card from opponent DECK?
Description says it resurrects gold card from either graveyard.
That means you cant resurrect Rnr, thus cant use it twice.

It depends which deck you play but out of information, I'd say take Ciri. Very strong for CA and playable in a lot of decks.
Nevertheless, I faced a very strong Nilfgaard deck playing Cahir, Ciri Dash, Tibor and Renew (on Tibor...). If Ihad the cards, I'd like to test it cause it's insanely strong to play Tibor twice (or play a gold card from your opponent if you feel so)

Celestes666;n8828660 said:
Wait, Renew can use gold card from opponent DECK?
Description says it resurrects gold card from either graveyard.
That means you cant resurrect Rnr, thus cant use it twice.

No, you can't resurrect RNR. You can discard a gold from your hand and get one from the opponent's deck with Johnny. I said i want Renew, so i can mess with the opponent's cards.

Thanatos35;n8829680 said:
It depends which deck you play but out of information, I'd say take Ciri. Very strong for CA and playable in a lot of decks.
Nevertheless, I faced a very strong Nilfgaard deck playing Cahir, Ciri Dash, Tibor and Renew (on Tibor...). If Ihad the cards, I'd like to test it cause it's insanely strong to play Tibor twice (or play a gold card from your opponent if you feel so)

I play NR with RNR, Philippa, Keira and Igni. ( also have Geralt, Yen ( not Con ) and Triss ). Now i have scraps for 2 golds and i don't know what to do. Makes sense to craft neutrals, in case i want to switch deck. For the other factions i have 4 for ST, 1 or 2 NG and only 1 SK gold. Everybody knows how rare it is to get golds from a keg ( well, i did get Aglais yesterday, which sounds a little meh ) and the level up legendary card reward has been mocking me so far.
And yes, i would love to still Tibor with Renew, though the majority of people use him in the last round.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, to clarify what i said before and was incorrect: you cant use Renew on Special Golds, only Unit Golds, which is still pretty awesome.

And yes, it's still possible to play double any Gold card (including RNR) with Johnny, but your opponent needs to have one anywhere and he will still keep his, you just get a copy.

In the CB, i used Johnny a lot, but now i got Sara on my day one kegs and her new effect is significantly better, as you switch your unwanted cards (i only use her on golds and silvers) for the ones that are still in your deck, that way you have a better chance of knowing what card you might get.

Top Bottom