Crafting increases your overall loading times. Don't do it.

+
TLDR;

Don't craft too much as it will increase your loading times and there's no fix except to never craft anything ever.

Hello,

Since the crafting system in this game is broken to heck, I decided to craft white medkits and break them down repeatedly (to farm components), then craft purple medkits and break them down to farm better components.

Since the process is tedious, I set it up that the craft button is a click and not a click+hold, then used an auto clicker to craft while I did something else.

I did this for about 30 minutes, then saved, happy that I had sufficient components to last me a lifetime.

I then died by picking up a corpse, then clicked 'Load Checkpoint'. To my surprise, the screen was black for almost 2 minutes before the game loading screen actually appeared.

I then realized that maybe this is related to the save corruption issue prior to 1.06 patch, where if your save file exceeded some size (due to crafting), it would become corrupt, so I loaded up a save file editor and removed all my of components (not before trying to manually craft things in order to lower the component quantities; spent about an hour trying to grind that down, no luck, too many components) and confident that I had solved the loading problem, I tried loading the game.

Same issue, 2 minute black screen then loading screen for maybe 5 seconds.

I then loaded a save file before I started my crafting marathon, and the black screen only lasted 15 seconds before loading the game.

Anyway, it turns out that the game remembers everything you craft, even if you delete it, remove it, drop it, sell it, use it to craft something else, it always remembers what you did, therefore excessively crafting will ruin your load times permanently.

I can live with 15 seconds of black screen, but not 2 minutes. Don't be like me, don't craft stuff, it's not worth it in the long run because you randomly die by stepping on the wrong pebble.
How many components did you have?

Let me just correct your title, OP: "Crafting using a mod to bypass in-game limitations to the mechanic and an auto-clicker to mass craft items while idling the game in background increases your overall loading times. Don't do it."

Why save a line for every single thing crafted in the save file. Since there is no history log for us to check or see.
This sounds really strange why do something stupid like that.

Is there also lines for everything dropped/looted/sold I don't see the point in having a log only over crafted stuff.
You will need to craft thousands of items to level crafting glitchless so why keep a line for crafted things only keep for stuff in inventory not everything like that.

Please take after all other open world games and if something is not picked up and is blue or lower remove it after 5 minutes and if it's legendary or epic remove after 15 minutes if not picked up. I don't know exact times but GTA, Skyrim, Fallout, Horizon Zero Dawn and so on all do this and the reason is to not get game world with stuff all over.

One other way to remove space from save file is to repair/default cameras and turrets after some time. Right now all turned of or broken turrets are kept broken/turned off for ever, this also needs to be in the save file and if you destroy/remove and turn all cameras off i think that is plenty of information in the save file unless done in some clever way.

It is a failing hardware or something else that caused you extreme loading time.
For game engine, 1 medkit vs 9999999medkit is same thing, having too many don't increase your save file or loading time. It is just a number that game engine reads.

I don't have failing hardware, otherwise this would be a constant issue, and not only after abusing the crafting system. It's already been proven that crafting messes your game up, that's why they 'fixed' the problem (by increasing the limit to 14mb). The bigger your game file gets, the longer the black loading screen is.

Let me just correct your title, OP: "Crafting using a mod to bypass in-game limitations to the mechanic and an auto-clicker to mass craft items while idling the game in background increases your overall loading times. Don't do it."

You could very well click at the same rate the autoclicker was, your finger would just get tired and it would take longer than 1hr of constant crafting to get to this point.

I didn't use any mods to bypass the game limits, you can edit the game's ini files to make crafting 'hold button' time to be just a click. If anything, this just shows that instead of fixing the issue, they chose to make the craft button be a 'hold button' interaction. I like the game, quite a lot, so don't get me wrong, but, as with the rest of the game, they did a quick fix to avoid the problem altogether. Needs a lot more time in the oven. Even without the edit I made to the ini, you can still exploit the crafting system in the same way, just craft white medkits->dismantle->craft purple ones->dismantle. Repeat until satisfied with the amount of resources.

The problem is the shoddy coding where, for some unfathomable reason, it's not just an increase in amount (ie from 1 to 2, 3, 4 etc), that item you craft is an individual thing that stacks with the rest of the thousands of individual things you can hold in your inventory.

How many components did you have?

I had well over 40K resources of each (except for legendary stuff, those were under 10K). I reached an amount I felt comfortable would allow me to craft whatever I wanted for the rest of the game.

I could have used cheats, sure, but I prefer to game the system on my own. It doesn't feel like you cheated if you actually just use the existing game mechanics. I don't want to cheat, I want to get there on my own... of course, the auto clicker is a shortcut/cheat, but I'd rather have that than carpal tunnel.

I craft and i got 20 engineer :0 I not got issue on load game. But I not bug out craft like craft a tons of gun sel to NPC :0

anyway . Who the heck do that silly thing . since you able to get 22k bulk in 5 min . or around 10 - 15 min per cycle include time
for craft resuppply stuff after battle :/

well . is suspect your hack program is curse an issue. remove that thing out :0

cheer

There was no 'hack' program. This is in the game and absolutely reproducible by anyone that wants to destroy their clicking finger. Just dedicate an hour or so to creating a lot of medkits. You'll join the black screen loading gang.

My save file size is 154mb on console :p

Thats them all though including auto saves, no idea what individual files are

Is that a single save file? Because it might be showing you the save folder. I have 180mb of saves right now, but spread across several saves.

my load times are all over the place. some times very short some up to 3 mins but not sure if its crafting or just game being so demand on console

my load times are all over the place. some times very short some up to 3 mins but not sure if its crafting or just game being so demand on console

I noticed that after several hours of play (starting with hour 2-2.5, wackier stuff starts happening, like grenade doesn't work sometimes, die more often due to stepping on the wrong angled pebble, cars flying outta nowhere and stuff like that).

Top Bottom