Crafting Is Broken.

+
Am I right in thinking that I cant re-craft items to match my skill level??

I already crafted the legendary O'Five and Crash, but if I look at my crafting menu now, I can make them at a MUCH higher DPS, but I dont have the Purples anymore :<

No you can, you just need more components, you only have 4 epic ones but need 23. Just go to a weapons vendor and buy more or disassemble other epics.

not sure if it was already mentioned here, I just skimmed part of the post. Crafting legendaries is cheap when the legendary components to make them can be bought from vendors for 1000 ennies

So, I'm only using weapons given to me through the story. And I've been crafty with them and mods. I've crafted all my clothes too. I'm pretty fukken happy with what I've done and I don't really get why OP says this isn't possible.
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 2020-12-17 04_59_13.png

Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 2020-12-17 04_59_20.png

Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 2020-12-17 05_01_12.png

Where are people getting epic or legendary clothing / gun mods? I always check around the stores and they have complete crap in them. Are better ones sold after reaching certain acts or levels? Can't find anything other than green or blue mods at level 27.

Where are people getting epic or legendary clothing / gun mods? I always check around the stores and they have complete crap in them. Are better ones sold after reaching certain acts or levels? Can't find anything other than green or blue mods at level 27.
By crafting them. Mods are slightly randomized when you craft them, the higher your craft the more likely you'll get Legendary mods. And when crafting clothes, you can get more slots in higher rarity armour the same way. Not sure about weapons, haven't tried that yet.

Just my opinion,

Leveling up in crafting feels like a hard grind, similar to teenagers at prom. Not enough XP for items upgraded or crafted.

Much love,

-The peskiest

No you can, you just need more components, you only have 4 epic ones but need 23. Just go to a weapons vendor and buy more or disassemble other epics.

Unfortunately not, even with the right components, I'm still missing the purple weapon and disassembling the orange version doesn't give you the purple back.

Attachments

• sc 2.png
    sc 2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
I mainly use crafting for Cloths. That way you can keep your AC at an appropriate level and you also get to pick how you look... even if you do have to travel all over the city purchasing blueprints.

Once you have your crafting abilities upgraded you can pretty much make common items and they'll still be better than most of the stuff you pick up on the street. I think the legendary stuff is going to be more for the late game, no point in spending your legendary parts on something you're going to outgrow in 3 levels.
how are you able to remove clothes with "crafted spec" on them. I currently have way too many of jonny's tank top and I literally can't drop, sell, or dismantle them?

how are you able to remove clothes with "crafted spec" on them. I currently have way too many of jonny's tank top and I literally can't drop, sell, or dismantle them?
SAME!

What is up with this.

I also have bunch of epic / iconic weapons that have the same issue, one of them doesnt even let me view the stats because it doesn't fit on the screen...

I just want to be able to either craft in batches (select a number of things I want to craft) or just be able to hold down a button to keep crafting an item.

This whole business of hold mouse button for 2 seconds, let go, hold down mouse button for 2 seconds, let go for HOURS is ridiculous.

So, I'm only using weapons given to me through the story. And I've been crafty with them and mods. I've crafted all my clothes too. I'm pretty fukken happy with what I've done and I don't really get why OP says this isn't possible.View attachment 11092163
View attachment 11092166
View attachment 11092169

I'm reading this topic and was hoping for a post like this. Some people whine it's useless, others it's too expensive... And here we have someone who actualy used it to full potential. You got no replies because it simply defeats the entire thread xD

So, I'm only using weapons given to me through the story. And I've been crafty with them and mods. I've crafted all my clothes too. I'm pretty fukken happy with what I've done and I don't really get why OP says this isn't possible.View attachment 11092163
View attachment 11092166
View attachment 11092169
No one said it isn't possible. We said it's pointless. There's a difference. Have you stopped to ask WHY you're crafting all of this stuff? Do you need it? Are the enemies difficult enough that you NEED that much armor? No. You really don't. It's crafting for the sake of crafting, not because it's needed to play the game. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty right now and I can beat any enemy easily with a white, common sword and white, common pistol. Crafting is made pointless by this. Not to mention the fact that upgrading the same weapon or piece of gear costs dozens of times more than crafting it.

Also, clothing and armor stats are super shallow. There's barely anything there to warrant this game being called an RPG.

That's BROKEN. This dev team were not given the time needed to get this game working properly before it was forced out the door by the executives and CEO's.
Post automatically merged:

I'm reading this topic and was hoping for a post like this. Some people whine it's useless, others it's too expensive... And here we have someone who actualy used it to full potential. You got no replies because it simply defeats the entire thread xD

No, it really doesn't. Crafting is still pointless. There's no in-game reason to craft gear like that. Even on the hardest difficulty, there's no place in the game, no enemy hard enough to warrant it. I've gone through this entire game on the hardest difficult in nothing but gear I've picked up in the world (mostly white gear and white weapons) and have had no difficulty killing any and every enemy, including bosses.

You're crafting for the sake of crafting, not because you NEED it for anything in the game. It's broken.

View attachment 11092166
View attachment 11092169

because those stats don't mean anything? they don't stack. take any legendary with four empty mod slots. record the numbers for 100 shots (reload each time enemy dies.) then fill those mods with 4xepic crit damage or crit % or +damage. now record those numbers. they don't change. i've done it several times. your stats are low anyways for crafting them yourself. you do realize that crafting a common +crit damage has a chance to give you epic right? if you actually think they do something then why is your armor and damage so low? fill them all with epic

Clothing crit mods don't stack you can only use 1 and if you try to put another on a 2nd item and equip, it doesn't register then when you unequip that it takes away the crit until you unequip the 1st and equip it again. Some legendary clothing mods don't work either, same goes for run speed and fall damage. Mod system is busted but as people have said it's really not required with how easy the difficulty levels are, get clothing with full mod slots, stack armor on them and face tank on very hard difficulty, both systems need serious work done on them.

So, I'm only using weapons given to me through the story. And I've been crafty with them and mods. I've crafted all my clothes too. I'm pretty fukken happy with what I've done and I don't really get why OP says this isn't possible.

Crafting new items from scratch feels reasonable for the component costs. My complaint is upgrading low level items increases the cost every time, and after a few upgrades legendary components can be cost prohibitive (50k-100k eddies+).

I would put more effort into crafting. If New Game + existed. So I can do speed runs with the OP weapons through the whole story.

Crafting new items from scratch feels reasonable for the component costs. My complaint is upgrading low level items increases the cost every time, and after a few upgrades legendary components can be cost prohibitive (50k-100k eddies+).
Agreed, for the small increases you get for every upgrade having the costs go up each time is really restrictive especially if the item is epic or legendary, puts me off actually crafting any legendaries till I'm max level.

On a side note, on some playthroughs i dont even get epic or legendary materials in night city shops even though im well over level 20, so yea crafting is certainly broken for me !!

Crafting in this game exists for the sake of crafting and nothing else. It was not designed to be viable game mechanics, just a waste of time for both developers and players.

And, if they can't make crafting, why they didn't make static equipment system like in new vegas, or any real RPG?

Top Bottom