Crafting is still BS

+
It is possible to change the time it takes to craft the item to 0.1s for example, which allows you to craft an item in a mouse click.

Hardly pointless, as they also lowered the cost of crafting materials from venders by A HUGE amount. You just can't cheese the system anymore, as they removed soda breakdown exploit, removed the grenade exploit, lowered the return on some item break downs, but in turn they also lowered the cost of crafting and upgrading items too. They did remove many of the exploits from the game in dupping and crafting, but seem to have countered this in changes to sale prices and crafting costs.

ya1

Forum regular
It is possible to change the time it takes to craft the item to 0.1s for example, which allows you to craft an item in a mouse click.

Yes, there is a settings file for that. Google it.

EDIT:

\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config
Open file "inputContexts.xml"
Change values for lines "799" and "800"
hold action="disassemble_item"timeout="0.01" />(Original is 0.4)
hold action="craft_item" timeout="0.01" />(Original is 0.8)

here you go

They just change how to waste your time. Instead of crafting for hours, you need to find few enemies to earn money late game. So you can't have fun crafting big weapons in lategame. pertty sad to nerf this build. That was not expected so I was with 5k grenades on me... Maybe someones know how to change recipes from files? Kappa. Miss you old Ozob's Nose.

Edit: Money is limited in late game then. At least they fixed the shop bug exploit wich is legit. But the crafting stuff... No more pleasure on this game :(
Edit2: Where is the shop in which cost of crafting materials are lowered? From a 1000 eddies legendary component, it became a 5720. There's more components for sale. But the price uff. They destroyed this build. Better build Netrunner or Mantis build. Everything was fun to play. Now the crafting is even worse than before.

Last edited:
Dismantling soda cans was fun. In real life, aluminum soda cans are the only thing that is really profitable to recycle. This and other glitches such as sliding to survive a big fall were fun in the game. I really enjoyed going back to the site of the final big battle with Jackie and getting items that I had missed near the top of the building. I used the car door glitch to get into the building and the sliding glitch to get off the top of the building.

starting a new char now is way harder to enjoy if u cant get proper equipment/cyberware with the lack of money or components.... they shouldn't have patched either the duping nor crushing the crafting tree at all... 30+ perks are still not working and the quickhack and legendary shop specs are still bugged... 1.2 was meant to make the game more enjoyable not more grindy... im a bit disappointed that they made crafting even more pointless than it was before.... at least no more need to waste 18 points in this tree anymore : /

Ok, the shop is displaying it so weird. The price got really lowered. But well the game will be more rushed. I had fun walking sometimes and stop on soda machine. Now that's a lot of stuff useless for the game. They should have patch all the vending machines to not make them sell soda / food anymore. I don't know if it would help to improve even better perfomance. But why keep something that is truly useless now.

I'm lucky to be rich on my save or I'd not be able to do what I want with components. We can't manage with recipes anymore, that's the saddest point of crafting now. That was fun to be like cooking something to uncraft to make something else then uncraft it. Now it's just crafting for a weapon quick without thinking...

Last edited:
What a joke of patch, lol.

If they are seriously just gonna start churning out DLC while the game is STILL completely fucking broken, never touching their games again.
Post automatically merged:

Crafting is now pointless as of 1.2 you can't even dismantle sodas anymore on ps4

Oh no you can't have infinite money anymore, game is broken.

Last edited:
Well yeah that was a bit broken. But the solution would have been to reduce the price of components when you sell it making it worthless but keeping it possible to dismantle and grab the components from the ones you loot.

Hardly pointless, as they also lowered the cost of crafting materials from venders by A HUGE amount. You just can't cheese the system anymore, as they removed soda breakdown exploit, removed the grenade exploit, lowered the return on some item break downs, but in turn they also lowered the cost of crafting and upgrading items too. They did remove many of the exploits from the game in dupping and crafting, but seem to have countered this in changes to sale prices and crafting costs.

Never undestood gamers crying about not being able to approach exploit within games. Sht makes games pointless, boring, and a cake walk. The only benefit I see with exploits is to test out quick-builds, specially if you are a youtuber who makes content for people who are looking foward to take advantage of the game and be OP as hell.

I've started new game (Nomad) and crafting so far look ok. I would say that now I use it more often for upgrading things :) . I needed adjust somewhat approach, bcs more of these nice 'bugs' were corrected, but I think it's change in good direction.

Well yeah that was a bit broken. But the solution would have been to reduce the price of components when you sell it making it worthless but keeping it possible to dismantle and grab the components from the ones you loot.

Dude, that wasn't the problem as components sell for pennies. the PROBLEM was you could craft infinite amounts of green Nekomata rifles that sold for almost 10k a pop at higher levels.

Never undestood gamers crying about not being able to approach exploit within games. Sht makes games pointless, boring, and a cake walk. The only benefit I see with exploits is to test out quick-builds, specially if you are a youtuber who makes content for people who are looking foward to take advantage of the game and be OP as hell.

well if u found an epic or even legendary early on - the components u need to make it worthwhile on your progress are waaaaay to high - have u ever tried to hold on early gear just via upgrading? It also cant be the solution to wait for picking up stuff until u are 45+ just to have stats worth for endgame. the upgrading system isn't just thought through. now taking away ways to get components or money for components makes the game way more grindy - they changed the genre from rpg to action adventure but with this changes it feels more like an Korean grind RPG again.

f.e. they still haven't fixed the Lizzys Gun legendary crafting spec - if u like the gun like I do you need to wait with the main mission to certain level to boost its stats - as work around I used to dupe the gun every 5-10 lvl just to have their stats on pair with my level cause the upgrading cost went hilarious later on... same for every iconic you found early on : / - I could understand if they patch things like K-Hop or item dupe IF everything else works like it should but we are still FAR away from that point... 30+ perks don't work like they should, endgame mods don't work like they should, legendary quick hacks don't work like they should, crafting spec availability doesn't work like it should, items which are mentioned in the official guide are missing in the game like Maikos gun or Camo Cyberware etc, etc, etc - but yeah lets patch duping/dismantle glitches to f*ck them even more.... priorities are a bit miscalculated here... - yet I know PC gamers dont care much cause they just can use debug console commands to spawn everything they want but the console players are left behind like always.... : /

im really curious how pc player would react and comment in forums if console commands and mods wouldn't work at all over night.... really curious.

Last edited:
It is. Crafting isn't a Cyberpunk thing, really. The Future Is Disposable. The only Role that can do it, the Techie, has a slew of skills for it and Jury Rig only lasts a very short time.

Actually creating new, reliable stuff is as hard as it is in the real world - and Corpos protect their IP. Making a top-line Arasaka rifle by taking apart machetes? No.

V is a Netrunner or a Solo. The Tech tree is simply not sufficient enough to make her a Techie.

Crafting should be either tossed out or handed to specific NPCs.

Top Bottom