Crafting is still BS

+
A quick question on crafting, is it possible to buy gear that is equally powerful to top end crafted gear? Or are crafted items always best in the end?

its not really important to figure that out at all - the def comes with stacking mods. max base def of a jacket f.e is 200 fully upgraded. but you can get up to 6000-7000 def with a fully modded legendary set on max slots on each gear part. - yet idk if the crafting tree perks go beyond those 200 base def of a jacket but than again those 5-10% extra base-def (of 200 f.e) won't make a big advantage compared to the epic armadillos you have to stack into it to make a real difference. - more important are the numbers of slots your gear offers than getting the perk bonus imo. (which is also bugged atm regarding other forum topics I just read a while ago... it seems for some player "armor stats" in general are bugged - getting one shot from every attack no matter which enemy or difficulty played...)

Last edited:
It is. Crafting isn't a Cyberpunk thing, really. The Future Is Disposable. The only Role that can do it, the Techie, has a slew of skills for it and Jury Rig only lasts a very short time.

Actually creating new, reliable stuff is as hard as it is in the real world - and Corpos protect their IP. Making a top-line Arasaka rifle by taking apart machetes? No.

V is a Netrunner or a Solo. The Tech tree is simply not sufficient enough to make her a Techie.

Crafting should be either tossed out or handed to specific NPCs.

It feels SO slapped on at the last minute. Guns having levels doesn't belong in the game either. The whole system is dumb AF. The whole thing feels like something a bunch of suits in a boardroom demanded in the game because market research said so.

Like so many things in the game that make it "gamey"

It feels SO slapped on at the last minute. Guns having levels doesn't belong in the game either.
Sure don't!

But I don't think it was the Evil Corpos at all. It's a legacy of the Witcher series - which itself started using Neverwinter Nights Engine. So, thanks D&D!

Character levels, hit points that go up, weapon rarity, weapon levels - these are all Witcher things. That's where it came from. Sadly, the PnP ruleset which is much more Cyberpunk, was tossed in favour of a more D&D approach.

Why not? This is called recycling. By the way this is the game and it's fun in some way to craft, becoming a different beast. It is sufficient imo. Just the cost to craft upgrade was really high and the crafting menu was terrible. But sound like dev don't want us to use it to the max. Hopefully on my save I have my emergency stock of branscesi (like if I knew that in this patch it would be possible to have a good amount of components only from buying). The tech tree is really ok imo. Like I previously said, to make it less broken they shouldn't have stopped the components from consumables but lower it. And give more uncommon from 30 eddies bottles for example. Recycling should be a thing in 2077 :shrug:

Netrunner is really broken imo. Even with only purple daemons. Mantis/Monowire/Gorillas arms are strong enough with the right tree. But crafting well all is in the title :cry:

I'm logging in for discuss this.
My main build is a tech build. NEVER I've abused the crafting system, but that now can't be recycled cans IS KINDA RIDICULOUS. The money system is broken and this is the unique form to have enough money.

Waste of 1.2 patch. I'm very mad.

I don't know about the game's technical reasons for or against crafting - like whether it should be included, Or whether the economy is balanced.
My main issue is that they spent the time and effort to remove the exploits and slowed down the ways to make money whilst so many bugs and larger problems still exist.
Its possible they should have waited until afterwards, (even if the changes were easy, just on principle - so we couldn't moan like I'm currently doing :p ).

Do stuff in the right order instead of using the guise of 'fixing bugs and performance' to basically create extra grind.
Post automatically merged:

I also can't decide on the 'morality' of the exploits personally, I do both actually - I have one character who uses the exploits to experiment, and the other character is playing properly but with the benefit of the experiments.
Also, I realise that cdpr adjusted the other prices in the game so that there are other ways to make money. I guess I'm just a little bit sensitive to developers constantly inventing ways to artificially extend play time (I'm looking at you destiny 2) so I was bummed out to find all the fun shortcuts taken out after the patch 1.2.

Last edited:
Extend playtime you say? try multiple build. Personally I was doing a 5th playthrough to have all my iconic gear (including witcher stuff) to the max. But they don't want us to push all our weapons to the max :(

It is. Crafting isn't a Cyberpunk thing, really. The Future Is Disposable. The only Role that can do it, the Techie, has a slew of skills for it and Jury Rig only lasts a very short time.

Actually creating new, reliable stuff is as hard as it is in the real world - and Corpos protect their IP. Making a top-line Arasaka rifle by taking apart machetes? No.

V is a Netrunner or a Solo. The Tech tree is simply not sufficient enough to make her a Techie.

Crafting should be either tossed out or handed to specific NPCs.

Or just for building cars (and reloading ammo) which is a common thing done in garages and even some apartments kitchens all over the place in the real world!

But only if the do it right: : https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...onic-weapons-you-owned.11049392/post-13015423

:D

Dude, that wasn't the problem as components sell for pennies. the PROBLEM was you could craft infinite amounts of green Nekomata rifles that sold for almost 10k a pop at higher levels.
I've read lots of people suggesting this but there's MUCH better money to be had.

Pre 1.2, craft purple grenades for 1 white+ 1 green crafting component. Each disassembles into multiple blue and purple components.

Use the purples to craft Cyan Multiresist Evening Jackets which sell for about 4k at level 50. Without needing to respec and invest everything in the level 20 crafting perk, which I assume is how they're getting so much for green nekomatas?

And many of those jackets get created with crit chance and damage mods. You can disassemble them for an endless supply of those to plug into the clothes you want to wear, much more cheaply than buying them from shops.

A quick question on crafting, is it possible to buy gear that is equally powerful to top end crafted gear? Or are crafted items always best in the end?
There are several crafting perks which automatically add damage / armour to weapons / clothing you craft or upgrade. Otherwise there's no difference between store bought / crafted / looted.

Crafting is great for making weapons. There are legendary blueprints for practically every weapon.

It's less awesome for making clothing. There are legendary blueprints for only a tiny fraction of the total available clothing items.

Last edited:
Crafting is also still bugged as hell, the damage output of a potentially crafted gun changes after tab switch.
Also just switching from tooltip to tooltip you can see that base damage of weapons swing dramatically. Craft with caution, chooms.
Post automatically merged:

well if u found an epic or even legendary early on - the components u need to make it worthwhile on your progress are waaaaay to high - have u ever tried to hold on early gear just via upgrading? It also cant be the solution to wait for picking up stuff until u are 45+ just to have stats worth for endgame. the upgrading system isn't just thought through. now taking away ways to get components or money for components makes the game way more grindy - they changed the genre from rpg to action adventure but with this changes it feels more like an Korean grind RPG again.

f.e. they still haven't fixed the Lizzys Gun legendary crafting spec - if u like the gun like I do you need to wait with the main mission to certain level to boost its stats - as work around I used to dupe the gun every 5-10 lvl just to have their stats on pair with my level cause the upgrading cost went hilarious later on... same for every iconic you found early on : / - I could understand if they patch things like K-Hop or item dupe IF everything else works like it should but we are still FAR away from that point... 30+ perks don't work like they should, endgame mods don't work like they should, legendary quick hacks don't work like they should, crafting spec availability doesn't work like it should, items which are mentioned in the official guide are missing in the game like Maikos gun or Camo Cyberware etc, etc, etc - but yeah lets patch duping/dismantle glitches to f*ck them even more.... priorities are a bit miscalculated here... - yet I know PC gamers dont care much cause they just can use debug console commands to spawn everything they want but the console players are left behind like always.... : /

im really curious how pc player would react and comment in forums if console commands and mods wouldn't work at all over night.... really curious.
Um, my Lizzy is now legendary as of this patch.

Last edited:
I've read lots of people suggesting this but there's MUCH better money to be had.

Pre 1.2, craft purple grenades for 1 white+ 1 green crafting component. Each disassembles into multiple blue and purple components.

Use the purples to craft Cyan Multiresist Evening Jackets which sell for about 4k at level 50. Without needing to respec and invest everything in the level 20 crafting perk, which I assume is how they're getting so much for green nekomatas?

Wrong, didn't need any perks. Didn't even need any low level perks as you can make the weapon the moment you leave your apartment.

May be good to have a look into gains as they lowered the price of components. Maybe it's possible to earn good cash but this time by crafting early. The fact that they shut down the possibility of dismantle is that it was much faster in some way. From a 10 eddies can, you could earn worth 62 eddies components. But well, now I don't even think about my consumables. So long to sell/not possible to dismantle. Well that's a tough point for devs.

Maybe it's possible to earn good cash but this time by crafting early
With a legendary Ashura blueprint I've got 500k in few hours. Legendary/epic/rare components are dirt cheap now.

Selling weapons instead of dismantling also gives a good financial gain, since it's more profitable to buy parts.

So, it's easier now to craft and upgrade something, but dismantling is even more useless, since it yields pitiful amounts of parts.

Last edited:
Is there any realistic way to upgrade legendary armour that you like the look of to make its stats decent, without hitting upgrade 20 times and wasting components?

the only way to boost stats without upgrading is your lvl - since it scales with your progress - f.e wait with picking up the open world legendaries until you reach a high level 40+ than go the last steps with upgrading. on my 3rd and 4th char I also waited to pick specific items up until I reached lvl 50... its lame but the only way I found to get decent gear without upgrading - same goes for shops the higher your level the better are sold stats...

Crafting materials are cheap as hell, yellow ones down from 1000 to 50 eddies.
Picked up items - guns/clothes - expensive.
Opponents - marked in red, not yellow, so you might start thinkimg a bit more passing them by.

= kill'em, sell guns, buy crafting components ... that's the new meta-game.

Wrong, didn't need any perks. Didn't even need any low level perks as you can make the weapon the moment you leave your apartment.
No it's you who is wrong. On multiple counts.

You claimed that crafted green nekomatas sell for 10k each at higher levels.

Dude, that wasn't the problem as components sell for pennies. the PROBLEM was you could craft infinite amounts of green Nekomata rifles that sold for almost 10k a pop at higher levels.

At level 50 they sell for 1k, or if you like it precise, $1041. You'd need more perk points than are possible in the unmodded / cheated game to boost the crafting to the point where they sell for 10k.

As I previously stated, the Cyan Multiresist is the optimal money maker. At level 50 the leg Deadly Lagoon jacket sells for more but factoring in component acquisition is less sparkly.

Also crafting nekomatas isn't - or rather wasn't pre 1.2 - the best way to make money from crafting.

The moment you leave your apartment, the raw components required to craft a nekomata sell for more than the weapon.

On a level 2 just left the apartment character:

Green Nekomata = $81.

Components to craft = 29 x common ($5 each) + 24 uncommon ($8 each).

Basic math. 29x5 + 24x8 = $337.

$337 > $81.

Pre 1.2 the best early way to make money was buy and disassemble cans. Sell the common components and stockpile uncommon, finish the early missions or just sneak out of Watson, grab one of the purp grenade specs, then make and disassemble en masse into blue and purp crafting and upgrade components.

Sell the upgrade components at lower player levels. Stockpile the crafting components and make the CM jackets when you're approaching or at 50.

Not making any effort to eg. run around hitting all vendors or fast-forwarding time 24 hours to reset their inventory, I casually acquired $2.18 milliion on my way to level 50 just by emptying all vendor money by selling them jackets in exchange for cyberware and crafting specs, and hitting drop points and other vendors if they were on my path.

That's not even bothering much with can purchase and disassembly. Some, but not a huge amount. Mostly at the beginning to get started. After that most components came from weapon / armour / junk loot disassembly. Pre 1.2 just disassembling nearly everything was the fastest way to both level and make money. Until higher levels when jackets and bigger weapons start to sell for decent amounts.

That's it Khelonos, and you could make a rush near Ripperdoc Cassius in northside. Got 700k in 3hours of dissassembling cans. But well that was a lot of time. Still I notice that disassembly weapons give a very poor amount of comùponents. So, this point sucks a lot. A bit sad now it just rely on merchants.

Now they'd better put cans in junk, never used one for it's bonus x) .

Top Bottom