Crafting Mutagens is broken since 1.05

+
Crafting Mutagens is broken since 1.05

Now we can see which additional ingredients we have made and in stock. This is very useful for the auxillary ingredients, Aether & co, but is limiting with the mutagens.

I currently have 0/3 for a new Red Mutagen, so the problem isn't urgent, but I do plan to combine them to make a third Red Mutagen and then a Greater Red...

Trying this with my Lesser Greens... nope. Because I already have a dozen Greater Greens and a Green I cannot combine the Lesser Green to make a Green, thus cannot increase my stock of Greater Green Mutagens.

Not the end of the world as I can drop/sell & buy back as needed, but this is a needless fiddle and cannot be what is intended.

Same problem with alcohols (Alcohest, Dwarven Spirit, and White Gull): if you already have at least one of the alcohol in your inventory, you can't craft another.

I tried to sell mutagens for buying back but mutagens just simply disappeared. Im getting the money but cant see mutagens at shop.

Crafting Mutagen BROKEN

So I am trying to create a greater mutagen but it's says I already have one so I cannot create anymore :/

Last edited:
Alcohol, Alcohol Substances, and Mutagens
Those crafting categories are now bugged and won't allow further crafting if 1 of said items already exists in your inventory.

You're right, I have 48 Lesser Blue Mutagen, I tried to create one Blue Mutagen 48/3, and I could only create ONE, it said "You already have this item" after 45/3

Is this a nerf ? so if we start a new game then there will only be a lot of Lesser Mutagens, 1 Mutagen , and 1 Greater Mutagen.

You're right, I have 48 Lesser Blue Mutagen, I tried to create one Blue Mutagen 48/3, and I could only create ONE, it said "You already have this item" after 45/3

Is this a nerf ? so if we start a new game then there will only be a lot of Lesser Mutagens, 1 Mutagen , and 1 Greater Mutagen.

No idea. I wanted to add more than 1 greater mutagen to my skills but I can't now. But maybe if you dropped one then tried to create one that might work as a temp fix?

---------- Updated at 05:41 PM ----------

Last edited:
Can do that, but it's very tedious, lesser, normal and greater mutagens all have the same icons.

Mekc

Forum regular
This is a bug. Appeared in 1.05.

FIX: drop all mutagens / alchocol and so on on the floor (those items, that do not allow you to craft new ones). Then craft. Then pick up dropped on the floor. Solves the problem (stupid solution, but it works).

Last edited:
Can't craft higher mutagens

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just missing something, when after crafting 1 normal blue mutagen, i can't craft any more normal ones even though I have several lesser blue ones. How am I supposed to get the greater version?

[Bug?] Can't Alchemy Multiple Mutagens of Same Type After Patch--"You already have this."

I'm pretty sure this is a bug--after the patch, I scored a third minor red mutagen and went in to craft a second red mutagen, and I couldn't. The game told me I already had one, as "normal" alchemy recipes--there it makes sense, of course, since you only craft it once. But with the tiered/combining/multiple nature of mutagens, this seems like a bug, possibly to do with the way the new filtering was implemented.

Yep, it's a new bug introduced by 1.05 but there is a small workaround for it (although annoying and tedious). Just drop the mutagen that you already have, craft a new mutagen, and than pick up the one you dropped. But you have to do this every time you want to craft a mutagen that you already have in the inventory.

There is a limitation of 1 on every alchemy product after the patch. For example, you can't craft more than one White Gull at a time, which is fun when you want to make a ton of potions. Obvious bug.

Well...you don't craft potions more than once. You craft them once and then they refill from alcohol in your inventory. But that correct functionality has been mistakenly spread to mutagens, which you need to have lots of.

Oh, I guess White Gull is a base you can brew.

Top Bottom