Crafting - Upgrade system is a bad idea early on.

+
Did some testing and it turns out that there's a limit to how many times you can upgrade and item before the option disappears (~20-30 times). And the resource cost going up so quickly to the point where it costs hundreds (500) of one blue resource is ridiculous for the amount that you get normally though dismantling. I can see it being important at later levels (killed an nearly impossible enemy that dropped lvl 70 gear). I'm lvl 31 with 29.6 hours in the game spent focusing on gigs and it's been difficult in leveling up quickly. But there's absolutely no point in do so early game with its current resource cost. Heck it's better to find a newer current level weapon compared to upgrading your old one since the stats are better.

I learned this early on, after deciding to go strong into tech. Tech is worth it, but I'm not putting many perks into it so far. The rate at which you constantly level and find better loot is too constant to try and keep early gear on par.

I'm at about levels 18 and 25 and I've found better weapons to upgrade a bit every now and again as I progress.

Early on it is less valuable but I think it will be better mid game.

The game feels vast at times and crafting seems to favor a high attribute level and good perks;

Tldr; early game save your components

Top Bottom