Crafting

+
So Crafting is kind of a big game mechanic in this. Especially on hard difficulty. Ammo, meds, guns, mods, hacks and the like, what I would appreciate is either being able to craft in bulk or continuous crafting. Not too fast or everly excessive since I don't wanna burn through my ressourcess but I get borred of click+hold for a thousand time in a row. All in all it would be just a little Quality of Life improvement. Also would love to see more recipies for clothes guns and whatnot at vendors, not just different parts but also the OVERLAYS like the MILLITECH SUIT or the HAZMAT SUIT. Let Cyberpunk fashion be a thing!!!

Axvil

Forum regular
Agreed,
Single crafting mods, upgrading components etc can get a little.. tiresome. Personally, I would prefer the option to bulk craft, with a confirmation (especially if legendary components are used).
More recipes, definitely. Maybe even the ability to learn new ones by breaking down clothe/weapons you find. Though, right now I would just be happy if the already existing legendary recipes spawned (more than once) in the clothing shop. Maybe in the next patch.
A preview of the clothing you are about to craft/buy would also be a nice addition.
Also, crafting recipes you already own should either not spawn in stores, or have a label "owned".

So Crafting is kind of a big game mechanic in this. Especially on hard difficulty.
Not really that big. Ammo is convenient while anything other is not mandatory or even that benefitial. For hard and very hard Armadillo can be crafted with 3 tech so that's it and legendary clothing can be picked up from open world instead of crafted so slots for armadillos are also present :)

So Crafting is kind of a big game mechanic in this. Especially on hard difficulty. Ammo, meds, guns, mods, hacks and the like, what I would appreciate is either being able to craft in bulk or continuous crafting. Not too fast or everly excessive since I don't wanna burn through my ressourcess but I get borred of click+hold for a thousand time in a row. All in all it would be just a little Quality of Life improvement. Also would love to see more recipies for clothes guns and whatnot at vendors, not just different parts but also the OVERLAYS like the MILLITECH SUIT or the HAZMAT SUIT. Let Cyberpunk fashion be a thing!!!
Completely agree, crafting as it is now simply take to long and is very boring, besides being broken ofc :D

Anyway here is a post of how you can fix it:

Crafting is seriously overrated in my opinion. For example, take a run of the mill handgun. Yes I can clean it up, oil and polish it and it will preform better, but a found version the exact same gun later in the game somehow does 10x the damage?

Bullets should add to the lethality of the gun, not the gun that fires them of the same type. From a standard softnose to a jacketed, explosive, uranium tipped, hollowpoint. There should only be a few varieties of the same gun, from a rusted out throwaway to a mill-spec top shelf. Having to ditch my hardware every couple of hours because I've found a version of the exact same gun that does more damage is silly.

Also... adding stickers and spraypaint to a weapon doesn't make it special, it turns it into junk - actually that goes for clothing as well. I shouldn't have to look like a circus clown to have better stats. Denim and leather have been popular since the 1800's and I don't think they're going to lose that popularity in the next 50+ years. More colorful your outfit, easier you are to target.

Last edited:
Weapon upgrades should be flat fee, not incremental.
Also, right now, if you want an awesome iconic at level 50, you better not craft it into a higher rarity before you reach level 50. And savescum the re-crafting process to pick the best results. Somehow the system for level upgrading equipment seems to follow a different trajectory than the leveled stat rolls for looted equipment. And the upgrade trajectory is noticably worse. Equipment recrafted into a higher rarity seems to roll in as looted equipment, but, as long as you're not max level, it will be surpassed quickly by looted equipment when you level up. So that's why it seems best to wait till level 50. Pretty sad, that.

Perks for crafted equipment will help compensate the difference, but in my opinion, that's a waste, since simply picking non-crafting perks instead and looting equipment would yield better results.
It actually wouldn't amaze me too much if it was the crafting perks that caused the lousy upgrades in the first place..

Top Bottom