Crash and fail to close bug

+
If you're saying you receive an error message upon crashing, simply send that into CDPR Support with an explanation of the issue:

https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Exit issues are normally down to drivers, Windows security and permissions, or 3rd-party software, and it will vary from one system to the next.

1.) Be sure the game and galaxy are not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86), and set the .EXEs to "Run as administrator".

2.) Edit Permissions for both installation paths and set them to "Everyone".

3.) Install / repair all Microsoft Redistributables, especially Visual Studio 2013 and Visual C++ 2013 (both the x86 and x64 versions of each).

4.) Disable anti-virus and see if the crashing stops.

5.) Verify / repair the installation through Galaxy.

6.) If all else fails, try reinstalling both Galaxy and Gwent to different installation paths. (Again, on the root of your drive in a folder of your own creation.)

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Nymph137;n9491301 said:
Okay! I will start troubleshooting in that order and see if I have any luck. Thanks!

As for the particular crash that I was referring to, the game created a crash folder and the message only said that I should send the files within said folder to support. But I cannot send the files because the extesions are not allowed anywhere and pasting the contents would be a huge mess lol. I included pictures for clarity. I can alays just say that I crashed while trying to play a quick match but there isn't much else I can add to help them!

You should be able to send the txt file as we are mostly interested in output_log file. You can also pack it to zip or rar package and send it over as well :)

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Nymph137;n9492381 said:
No luck! It doesn't let me with either the zip or by trying to simply send the output_log txt file :( I can paste it here if you want but it looks pretty long lol

Even when you try to send the file to support team via form?

Nymph137;n9492381 said:
No luck! It doesn't let me with either the zip or by trying to simply send the output_log txt file I can paste it here if you want but it looks pretty long lol

You can always provide a direct link through Dropbox or something. Or attach the file here and include a link to your post. (If you do, just wrap the actual post in a spoiler tab to save screen real estate. ;))

SigilFey;n9508671 said:
direct link through Dropbox or something...Or attach the file here and include a link...in a spoiler tab
Nymph137;n9510811 said:
Good idea!
Links to the three files within that crash folder are below, output_log.txt is the third link.

Or all 3! Nice one. :D

Nymph137;n9492381 said:
No luck! It doesn't let me with either the zip or by trying to simply send the output_log txt file :( I can paste it here if you want but it looks pretty long lol

I just wanted to say that I had the same problem when reporting a few bugs for Gwent. I said in the mails, to please allow zip. files at least, if you want logs from the players, but I didn't get a real response to this. So please, make it possible.

Top Bottom