Crash at coccacidium (swamp trophy plant)

+
Crash at coccacidium (swamp trophy plant)

I've been experiencing crashes at certain areas in the swamp which I believe are the places where the coccacidium spawns. Several places that i consistently will crash at is the path up from the claypit with drowners and mutilated bodies, the path east of the cave and the path up past the dead body with the special dagger. I figured it was the coccacidium from the guides i've read.I've had zero bugs so far, i can kill monsters, rest and talk to people in the swamp area just fine.Was wondering what exactly happens when u first meet the plant (cutscene?) because the game pause/freezes for a sec or so and then quits. Any way to skip quit the quest or stop the cutscene?

Dunno about cutscenes. The trophy plant is by Gramps' hut. The ones by the cave are Echinops and/or Archespore. It's not like a boss battle or anything, so should be no cutscene just because you happen upon it, just your normal monster spawn.

Kerplotz said:
Dunno about cutscenes. The trophy plant is by Gramps' hut. The ones by the cave are Echinops and/or Archespore. It's not like a boss battle or anything, so should be no cutscene just because you happen upon it, just your normal monster spawn.
The Coccacidium can spawn in 3-4 different areas around the swamp, but the spawn at Gramps' hut is one of the places that is easiest to deal with(less chance to enter the water). I have seen it along the road from the clay pits to the shrine, and one spot between the cave and the logging camp, in addition to Gramps' place.There is also one on the island the collapsed towers are on. I suppose there could be one more, but I don't know of them offhand.

If it was just one place i cud avoid it but there are so many pockets of areas where i crash, i'm not sure if its just the coccacidium or places where archespores spawn too.I've tried everything i can think of but its different to pin point whats causing the crash, but I feel it has to do with the plants popping out of the ground. Tried old/newest drivers, reinstalled, lowered all settings etc.

Have you gone thru the FAQ ??? You could find your answer there.....Look at it, see what you can do. If nothing changes, i will ask you for some logs that i will look at and find the little bugger !

The problem you are experiencing I believe is due to a mini-mod you may be running.Probably the "item stacking mod" or the "weapon range mod" as found here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mini-modsThe instructions located at Witcher Wiki will allow you to create working mods for the origional 1.0 retail release of The Witcher, however these same instructions if followed to the letter will create a mod that breaks a game patched to 1.1/a.If you followed these instructions or downloaded a mod made for The Witcher 1.0 then your baseitems.2da file will be missing two item entries. They are "thorn" & "echin_bow".Because you're missing the thorn item from that file, whenever a Archespor appears, the game crashes, since the remains of this creature are supposed to contain those thorns.Removing the baseitems.2da file from your "The Witcher\Data\OVERRIDE" directory will fix the problem.If you still want to continue using some kind of mod, then extract the newer baseitems.2da file included with the 1.1a patch located inside the patch100.bif file and edit that instead.I'm off now to update the Wiki entry to reflect patch 1.1a changes.Good gaming to you.
avaltist said:
I've been experiencing crashes at certain areas in the swamp which I believe are the places where the coccacidium spawns. Several places that i consistently will crash at is the path up from the claypit with drowners and mutilated bodies, the path east of the cave and the path up past the dead body with the special dagger. I figured it was the coccacidium from the guides i've read.I've had zero bugs so far, i can kill monsters, rest and talk to people in the swamp area just fine.Was wondering what exactly happens when u first meet the plant (cutscene?) because the game pause/freezes for a sec or so and then quits. Any way to skip quit the quest or stop the cutscene?

Thank you. I just spent 3 hours beating my head against the wall not even considering my own modifications to the game.I too was having hte odd every so often crashes in the swamp, and yes, I had modded the baseitem.2da file that was in the original bif, not the updated patched bif.I threw out the old mod file, and replaced it with the new one, and lo and behold I had plants a popin everywhere I was once crashing.Thank you.

Top Bottom