Crash, crash

+
Came back to play after quite a while. I was able to enter the game, look around in the menu, decided to delete most old savefiles and start a new game. When I created my character and hit the button to finish, crash. OK... But now when trying to launch the game again, instacrash after the first splash screen.
I know this can be mods, I had 4 installed with Nexus but I already checked and they are all disabled (by the game I assume because I had them on last time I played). Already verified files.
Post automatically merged:

Oh boy. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and still the same!!! What can this problem be?

*Finally resolved by downloading latest drivers and running as admin.

Last edited:
Disabled mods can still crash the game(depending on what type of mod it is). You need too remove them or even better do a clean install to be sure.

I'm still getting tons of crashes from the "Cyberpunk 2077 encountered an error caused by corrupted or incomplete game data and will now be forced to close" error. I've clean installed the game 4 times, started a new save, kept all of my old saves outside of the save folder, and this still happens pretty consistently every ~30 minutes. I've gotten other crashes without error messages too, much more often than before 2.0

Came back to play after quite a while. I was able to enter the game, look around in the menu, decided to delete most old savefiles and start a new game. When I created my character and hit the button to finish, crash. OK... But now when trying to launch the game again, instacrash after the first splash screen.
I know this can be mods, I had 4 installed with Nexus but I already checked and they are all disabled (by the game I assume because I had them on last time I played). Already verified files.

Oh boy. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and still the same!!! What can this problem be?

*Finally resolved by downloading latest drivers and running as admin.
I get crash every time i start the game. It worked only once. It froze mid game. Now It crashes after few seconds I get in game.
I never touched the game since 2020. It seems this game its not for me.

I'm also experiencing crashes after installing Phantom Liberty.
Game ran fine with 2.0, before the DLC. After installing PL the game is unplayable.
Edit: Disabling cross-platform saves seems to have solved the issue for me.
Will update if this changes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom