Crash during battle for Kaer Morhen cutscene

+
Crash during battle for Kaer Morhen cutscene

I haven't had a single crash in several hundred hours of playing witcher 3, the game always ran smooth until the battle for Kaer Morhen.

After you save Triss a cutscene starts playing and the game always crashes during that cutscene, not randomly - always the same point in the scene.

No Error message - just a CTD

I have HoS installed and I am running the latest version of the game and my video drivers

I removed all my mods for testing without any success

I revalidated my game files through steam and disabled the steam overlay - no change

I disabled the Nvidia Streamer Service, switched from fullscreen to borderless and disabled all postprocessing

I switched all settings to the lowest possible option including the resolution

I am running the game as administrator and have the process set to high priority

I am now trying to fix this issue myself for 3 days and tried everything I could find through google on the subject

I could find several threads on different forums discribing the exact same problem but all those threads were a few month old and not a single one offered a solution

I seriously hope someone here can help me with this issue - I really love the game but at this point I am getting really annoyed

:annoyed:

Thank you in advance

Right click 'Windows Start', click 'Event List', 'Windows Logs', and see if you can see any report of the CTD in either 'Program' or 'System'.

1.) Can you confirm that you have ALL of the free DLC installed? Even the ones you don't wish to use in-game?

2.) Are you using Steam or GOG? Try disabling all overlay features through Steam / Galaxy. Also try running in offline mode.

3.) What GPU / driver version are you using? ("Latest version" doesn't help, as there are multiple "latest versions" depending on hardware.)

4.) Have you added witcher3.exe to your Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions lists?

5.) Are you using any sort of overclocking?

6.) Any issues like this with other programs?

7.) Can you identify the mods you were using? Even uninstalling mods may leave residual files or settings that could be causing the crash.

Let's cover that much, I guess -- Lucky 7!

Right click 'Windows Start', click 'Event List', 'Windows Logs', and see if you can see any report of the CTD in either 'Program' or 'System'.

Thank you for your answer, sadly I haven't had the time to check but I will do so this weekend

1.) Can you confirm that you have ALL of the free DLC installed? Even the ones you don't wish to use in-game?

2.) Are you using Steam or GOG? Try disabling all overlay features through Steam / Galaxy. Also try running in offline mode.

3.) What GPU / driver version are you using? ("Latest version" doesn't help, as there are multiple "latest versions" depending on hardware.)

4.) Have you added witcher3.exe to your Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions lists?

5.) Are you using any sort of overclocking?

6.) Any issues like this with other programs?

7.) Can you identify the mods you were using? Even uninstalling mods may leave residual files or settings that could be causing the crash.

Let's cover that much, I guess -- Lucky 7!

Thanks for trying to help me figure this out

1. I have every bit of DLC installed

2. I am using the steam version and overlay is always turned of because it messes with a lot of games - I actually tried steams offline mode - didnt help

3. I am using the latest ( not beta ) version of the nvidia driver - I can't check the driver version at the moment but I will update this post when I get home

4. I don't have them in the exception list because it always worked without it but I disabled my antivirus to test if it has any impact

5. No overclocking

6. Well I have had games crash on me sure but it's not the norm and typically I can figure out what causes it

7. I use a mod called "face them" ( or something very similar ) that makes geralt face the people he talks to or face the nearest possible person, a mod to restore slow walk and a mod that give full experience for grey quests

I have some time over the weekend to try again - I will update this topic if anything changes

My guess is one of the mods. I would start, actually, with Face Them. Try disabling this mod an playing through the Kaer Morhen sequence again.

P.S. -- I'm guessing. :p

gori85
Did you solved this problem yet? I got the same problem - I love this game, but it would be very sad if I would have to stop playing, because I can't go any further :(
Please, respond...

Top Bottom