Crash during combat during 'With a LIttle Help from My Friends' quest

+
When playing through 'With a Little Help from My Friends' everything works fine up until the fight after you shoot the coupler on the train car. I'd say maybe 20-30 seconds into the fight the game crashes either back to windows or forcing me to restart my PC. In the instances where it just took me back to windows the game crashes on launch afterwords until I restart my PC.

I'm playing on PC in version 1.04
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE: reloading the game from before I started the quest (right before Panam calls and asks you to meet her at the Aldecados camp) got me past the firefight but the game crashes after you get back in Panam's vehicle and she starts to pull forward.

Last edited:
Having the same issue - I can make it through to the firefight but I am GUARANTEED a crash at some point during OR immediately after it. I have tried every possible thing including doing nothing... but doing nothing seems to accomplish anything since I do not believe my 'allies' are actually damaging the enemy in any way.

My problem was I got a message about the psyho in the wasteland. Answer the message and it should stop the crashes.

Hey Folks,

Same issue here with the 1.04 patch.

After the train crashes into the convoy and about 30 seconds into combat the game freezes, my whole locks up and restarts. It's happened twice now and I don't know how to proceed. The other frustration is that you can't save the game before getting into Panam's truck -- so I have to replay the fireside dialogue each time.

This is easily the 20th time the game has shut my machine down - I thought it was the thermals from my 5700 XT but I'm running a fan control app; and ensure it's on full blast with temps not exceeding 80 degrees.

One other bug I noticed on this side quest was following the briefing as we drove away from the Aldecaldo's camp; I had chosen to ride with Panam; but her dialogue sounded like it was over the radio as If we were in different vehicles.

What specs are your systems?

My Hardware is a 2020 5K iMac running Windows 10 via Boot Camp - 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 - AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB - 4TB SSD - 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM

// buckledcranium
+1
I have same issue

My Hardware is a 2020 Macbook pro 16 with radeon pro 5500M,i9-9880h, 16GB DDR4 running Windows 10 via Boot Camp.
And graphics drivers are installed with the latest version.

Last edited:
Wanted to follow up on this after completing that mission.

With each crash I had experienced I had Panam's high-spec Sniper Rifle equipped and was aiming down sights.

The solution was swapping over to a smart-pistol and basically taking my time taking each enemy out from a distance; I flanking to the left at the railway intersection rather than heading into the thick of the action. This seemed to put the game under a much lighter load and eventually cleared the intersection and managed to save again.

Since then I've had no crashes thankfully. -- I do hope the Dev's are checking these boards regularly and keeping up with these community reported bugs ahead of the next round of fixes in upcoming patches.
Post automatically merged:

// buckledcranium
+1
I have same issue

My Hardware is a 2020 Macbook pro 16 with radeon pro 5500M,i9-9880h, 16GB DDR4 running Windows 10 via Boot Camp.
And graphics drivers are installed with the latest version.

What kind of performance are you getting with your set-up? I see on the AMD Bootcamp page each set of Drivers was released much earlier in the year. The most latest for your MacBook Pro is '19.50.32.01' which came out on the 29th of June 2020 -- for the 2020 5k iMac it's '19.50.32.03' from 8th of Sep 2020.

This means none of the Boot-Camp AMD Drivers have been updated with Cyberpunk in-mind; for example the Windows RX 5700 XT Drivers are on version '20.12.1' by comparison.

Last edited:
Thank you.

I pass this mission with some game option adjustments as below.

- game resolution sets 1024x768
- all graphics option sets low
- all texture option sets low

...And swapping over to smart pistols. When I using a katana or sniper rifle, it still crashes.

Ran this mission over 30 different times now and its always crashing at the same location within 10 seconds of the train crashing into the convoy and combat beginning.

Things I've tried:
- Lowering the graphics/texture specs to the lowest possible settings for everything, including the resolution (Game still crashed)
- Not engaging in any combat or using the turret at all (Game still crashed)
- Attempting to kill every NPC before the game crashes (Game still crashed)
- Waiting to get out of the vehicle before engaging in combat (Game still crashed)
- Leaving during the mission and coming back to it (Panam gets mad and the mission cancels)
- Completing a seperate mission on a previous save and then coming back to this mission (Game still crashed)
- The various different significant dialogue options available throughout the quest (Game still crashed)
- Driving WITH Panam to the quest location prior to the train combat scenario (Game still crashed)
- Driving WITHOUT Panam " " (Game still crashed)
- Pausing the game every 3 seconds for 10 seconds to allow the scene to load the entire train journey (Game still crashed)
- Disrupting NPC's on their way to their cars or damaging vehicles so they properly load in (Game still crashed)
- Updated my drivers and re-tried all of the above (Game still crashed)

I have come across various different seperate bugs across the game, and yet have always found a way around them.
I'm level 49 with every single mission/side-mission complete except this one.
I have no idea why the game is only having a problem allowing me past this exact window of time in the game, or how to get around it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I would love to fully complete this series of quests to have completed every quest.

Computer specs:
OS - Windows 10 64 Bit
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core (3.6GHz)
RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
Graphics Card - 8GB AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT

Hey Folks,

Same issue here with the 1.04 patch.

After the train crashes into the convoy and about 30 seconds into combat the game freezes, my whole locks up and restarts. It's happened twice now and I don't know how to proceed. The other frustration is that you can't save the game before getting into Panam's truck -- so I have to replay the fireside dialogue each time.

Well, i have the same issue 5 months later.... Good job CDPR.

This crash and others like it (Hellman extraction from the gas station) is back in 2.0 and 2.01, blocking the entire Panam progression. And no, its not my rig or the game files or the graphics drivers, it's your game. Kindly get it done.

Top Bottom