Crash during scenes and videos

+
Crash during scenes and videos

Hi, I have a problem with lags, during videos like the ones when the game is being launched or before we start new game i got big lags and finally it crashes and i have to restart computer. I have the problem with videos/scenes during the game also, like at the begining of the game when we are fighting with the bandits the first scene when some guy ask gerelt (dunno if i spelled the name right) if hes alright and stuff and after like 5 seconds all the graphics and colors get screwed up and i have to restart it. I have GeForce 6800, i have updated my drivers to the newest one and still it doesnt help. I know my graphical card sucks buy I'm playing on 800*600 and low details and in normal gameplay when I'm fighting with bandits I don't lag at all. I'll be very thankful if someone knows how to solve my problem .

Wow, that's sad, I had to change my card (BFG 6800GT OC'd) before I got this game not for that reason, but one of the two cooling fans died and it was overheating as a result. I since have saved the card, only need a new fan. I didn't think it would have played this that badly. However my CPU was a bottleneck, my ram was slow and I didn't have enough, +the motherboard didn't allow faster speeds for upgradeable parts.Gotta have full specs to go anywhere.

I'm using Windows XP service pack 2GeForce 6800 GT drivers 6.14.11.6921AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.01 GHz + 1gb ramI'm runing game on patch 1.2

you've got atleast 2gb of swapfile?is Windows updated?soundcard? sound drivers?the video card is on a AGP slot? if yes: what is your "AGP Apperture SIze" in BIOS? (make it bigger or smaller..retry game)

I have been playing The Witcher on: [size=10pt] Laptop Asus F3TCPU: AMD Turion64x2 1.80 GHzRAM: 2048 mb 667 MHzGPU: nVidia GeForce Go7600 256mb dedicated memoryOS: Vista 32bit[/size]I am experiencing a graphical crashes in some ingame animations and/or dialogues. It looks like: the animation starts and it can run for a few second but then it freezes in some moment leaving the video stuck in that moment, while audio still goes on. Only thing that helps is to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of the programme and then get back again. But then I miss all animation or even worse, the game crashes completely. I have tried to use a checkbox which blurs backgroud of the animations. It did not help. I can not really get new drivers for the g-card, because nVidia does not have any on their pages. Can anyone help me?PS: i am able to play the game on low/medium with maximum view range, grass, medium textures, low shadows, low small animals.

Top Bottom