Crash gpuapidx12error.cpp, Please post your system info, fix info. Plus Poll

+

Do you have gpuapidx12error.cpp or other crashing problem?

• Total voters
Graphics: GTX 970 (driver 460.89)
CPU: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 32GB
(no overclocks)

(Not Tested myself at the time of post)
============================================================================================================================================
Cyberpunk 2077 is an ambitious game and perhaps that ambition has caused a lot of technical problems for it on PC and consoles. Players are experiencing a number of errors and issues and gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) crash is one of them. In this guide, I will help players with how to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) Crash.

Cyberpunk 2077 gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)
The fix for the gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) is a rather interesting one. All players have to do is switch the language to Polish through Steam. Don’t worry the game will remain in the language that you have selected and won’t change but, Steam will download some additional files. To change the language, open Steam and click Steam at the top-left > Settings > View Account Details in the Account tab > Language Preferences > select Polski(Polish) and hit save. This will fix the gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) crash for Cyberpunk 2077.

That is all for Cyberpunk 2077 fix for gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) crash. If you are facing other errors and issues with the game then check our Errors and Fixes for Cyberpunk. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.
============================================================================================================================================

(edit) now tested
Changed Language to english in-game. I was able to play for about 1 hour before crash to desktop.

Last edited:
Graphics: GTX 970 (driver 460.89)
CPU: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 32GB
(no overclocks)

(Not Tested myself at the time of post)
====================================================================================================================================================
Cyberpunk 2077 is an ambitious game and perhaps that ambition has caused a lot of technical problems for it on PC and consoles. Players are experiencing a number of errors and issues and gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) crash is one of them. In this guide, I will help players with how to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) Crash.

Cyberpunk 2077 gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)
The fix for the gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) is a rather interesting one. All players have to do is switch the language to Polish through Steam. Don’t worry the game will remain in the language that you have selected and won’t change but, Steam will download some additional files. To change the language, open Steam and click Steam at the top-left > Settings > View Account Details in the Account tab > Language Preferences > select Polski(Polish) and hit save. This will fix the gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) crash for Cyberpunk 2077.

That is all for Cyberpunk 2077 fix for gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) crash. If you are facing other errors and issues with the game then check our Errors and Fixes for Cyberpunk. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.
====================================================================================================================================================
that way is not working for me
here ya go:
Operating System:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: Russian (Regional Setting: Russian)
System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model: MS-7A34
BIOS: A.G0 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32720MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 24438 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8079 MB
Shared Memory: 16359 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
HDR Support: Not Supported
Display Topology: Internal

Still Crashing to desktop with Nvidia driver 461.09 (used DDU) normal and under clock, game version 1.06. (sometime the game crashes within 5-minutes, other times I can play a bit over 1 hour without crashes).

I have had the game crash and reboot my pc, but It has only happen once.

Game is still crashing with gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) error after installing 4.3GB polish language pack and switching language back to english from in game settings menu.

Software and hardware Specs:
Cyberpunk2077 v1.23 (have verified integrity)
Windows 10 20H2
Samsung SSD 980 (both windows and game installed on SSD but on different partition)
Ryzen 5800x
Nvidia 3070Ti
Geforce gameready driver 471.11 (Already clean installed)

Game is still crashing with gpuapidx12error.cpp(40) error after installing 4.3GB polish language pack and switching language back to english from in game settings menu.

Software and hardware Specs:
Cyberpunk2077 v1.23 (have verified integrity)
Windows 10 20H2
Samsung SSD 980 (both windows and game installed on SSD but on different partition)
Ryzen 5800x
Nvidia 3070Ti
Geforce gameready driver 471.11 (Already clean installed)
I don't know how fix that, but I think it could be a really good thing to report this problem > here
- Follow the steps (for being sure and "Contact us").
- Providing many details as possible.
- Don't use mods.

It seems to me, this "error" is one of the most common "error" for Cyberpunk's crashes (especially with Nvidia GPUs). Hoping that CDPR will provide you with a solution (if so, could be a good idea to share it) or fix the problem in a patch/hotfix.

Hopefuly I wont jinx myself with this so here goes.

This error has been bugging me since the game came out, ive tried and falied on three separate occasions to solve and rectify it, every effort was met with bitter failure, until now, attempt number four. This is what worked for me.

Underclocking my GPU, and making sure Bios isnt trying to clock anything with an XMP profile.

The Bios just got defaulted back to factory settings, as I had a slight overclock on my Ram, I have 2666mhz ram, which the motherboard is compatible with but considers an overclock, so I made sure it was reading it at the 2133mhz speed which was the fastest speed my motherboard can go before it considers your overclocking.

My Gpu I underclocked both on the GPU clock and memory clock, I used gigabyte extreme gaming software to achieve this as I have a gigbyte card, I think MSI afterburner can achieve this also but I didnt use that on this occasion.

I DID NOT LOWER MY VOLTAGE SETTINGS

I think its a bit bonkers im having to underclock things to get a game to work, but being able to play this game for several hours without a crash has eventually allowed me to play this amazing game, (amazing when it works, otherwise its utter trash ofc)

Hopefully this post helps someone with there own cyberpunk drama, and that it will carry on working for me, otherwise you will find me in the corner crying :)
Post automatically merged:

Edited to show PC specs

Windows 10 Latest Build fully patched

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
Motherboard Name Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1 (3 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 2 M.2, 4 DDR4 DIMM, Audio, Video, Dual Gigabit LAN)
System Memory 32698 MB (DDR4-2133 DDR4 SDRAM)
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB) Gigabyte Extreme (factory overclocked btw, probably the cause)
Disk Drive Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB (931 GB) (this is not my system ssd purely a gaming SSD)

Last edited:
Just an update to say that ive played over 80 hours now in game, with no crash, so worth a try
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Top Bottom