Crash on Launch 1.62

+
Ever since 1.62 the game crashes at launch. I've tried a clean install, then reinstalling mods, I've tried a clean install with no mods, still getting the same crash.

I've double checked all appdata and other files are cleaned and reset the pc before attempting to reinstall and still having the crash issue. I've tried verifying the install after reinstalling as well and it's not helping either. I'm out of ideas here except to maybe try a clean install again or a roll back to an older version of the game. But so far everything I've tried results the same way. And I don't think it's a mod issue because I have tried a clean install and launching the game with no mods installed and it's still happening. Unless I missed something when I uninstalled? or maybe a cloud sync issue is causing it ? I've attached a screen shot of the error below.

1681340747107.png

By clean install you mean that :
i.e check and manually removing all the follonwing folders
  • Cyberpunk 2077 folder in your client’s directory (Steam, GOG, EGS)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
  • REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  • CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local
Because performing a clean install is what is advised by the support in your case :

Yes,

The process I followed was uninstall using GOG, then manually clean all folders as instructed and I'm still running into the issue, I had cloud saves enabled so I'm not sure if maybe there is something corrupt there? but I think that would only effect the individual saves not cause the game to crash right on launch.

Edit: I'll try the clean install again just to make sure I didn't miss anything the last time and see if that helps. I can always play on my PS5 if the problem persists and try fixing it again in the near future when I feel like giving it another shot, I mostly play "real playthroughs" on PlayStation and Modded ones on PC so I'm not too worried about losing progress, Just having trouble figuring out what is causing this.

Last edited:
The process I followed was uninstall using GOG, then manually clean all folders as instructed and I'm still running into the issue, I had cloud saves enabled so I'm not sure if maybe there is something corrupt there? but I think that would only effect the individual saves not cause the game to crash right on launch.
Yeah, support also point out to disable cloud sync before uninstalling the game and enable it again after the first launch, if the problem is fixed (probably cloud sync may reinstall some setting files which indeed could be "corrupted"). So be sure to disable it at first :)

I cannot play more than 5-10 minutes without some sort of crash. I have tried every possible solution with no avail.

I have also done all the obvious things like clean reinstall gpu drivers, clean install game (following gog guide), and disabling all extra programs. I've basically done everything short of reinstalling windows.

I'm getting crazy errors that I can't even find online through google search like this one:
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO (0xC0000094)
Message: The thread tried to divide an integer value by an integer divisor of zero.

While I also get ones that people report often:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x1FD3B5CBEC8.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/12/2023, 22:11:15
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 3002 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 65536MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 65450MB RAM
Page File: 15474MB used, 54071MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Driver File Version: 31.00.0015.3141 (English)

This could very well be mod related. Removing mods during an existing playthrough can be very problematic. Did you ensure that all of them were updated by their authors (or at least confirmed to work) for 1.62? When new game versions are released, many mods will stop functioning correctly.

Also, try disabling all mods and back up all your existing saves. Then clean out the save folder. Begin a new game in 100% vanilla for testing purposes, using a brand new save slot. If the crashing continues on a brand new game, we can confirm it's a game / system error. If the crashing stops, you have your answer.

Jesus that’s insane @lewd_actual. It has been *years* since I tried a clean uninstall/reinstall of the GPU Drivers just for a single game (DDU I assume). I’m assuming it was working for you previously under 1.61? Is there any other game or program that’s currently having issues? One odd thing I forgot about after the update was that Norton gave me a brief chirp I had to shut up, but that was all (I’m assuming it was the “not enough users in Norton community have said it’s alright” kind of thing). Past that I have not had as bad an issue as you. Are the crashes all over the place in the game or just in the endings (that’s where I’ve been screwed)? Either way, you 100% need to submit a bug report with anything and everything you can think off (screenshots of the errors, running that benchmark thingie in the game, getting your DXDiag, and sending in the most current save). I am really sorry, that sounds horrible. I am at the end of a 300 hour plus Playthrough (that being purely in game) and was planning on closing out all endings. If that’s not salvageable I will never forgive CDPR.
Post automatically merged:

@SigilFey I don’t suppose you have any more information on 1.62 problems than the rest of us with a casual internet search, do you? I’m pretty upset and am worried about a timeline before anything like a hotfix could be released.

I've got no more news on the patch than anyone else. The only thing I can say is that things are still ongoing. 1.62 was big. When you introduce big changes to an already big game, you sometimes get big chain reactions. It will take however long it takes to be fixed. I can't speak to that.

For the interim, we need to not assume it's one thing or another. I've not seen the issues you're describing before. First thing to do is check the most basic things for sure.

When you reinstalled -- did you begin a new game -- or did you load up one of your old saves? This is a critical consideration. If we can't rule that out, there's nothing that CDPR will be able to offer. They can't address a modded installation or save file.

At least for me, I can't even get into the main menu, the game crashes before it even loads in. I did a clean install again last night, I just got out of work, so I'll try booting it up again in a short while, no mods installed nothing but vanilla game to see if that at least works this time. Then I might start adding mods back in if I can get past that part.

EDIT:

After the most recent clean install, Updating GoG, and Disabling cloud sync, the game launches and I can start a new game. now the real question is am I brave enough to try mods again or am I waiting a few days so the modders all have time to patch everything.

Last edited:
From what I know, CET is updated as is Red4ext, archiveXL, tweakXL so if you use any of them, they're up-to-date.

Top Bottom