Crash on loading save after Possession quest

+
Having an issue where after completing the possession quest (with Cerys in Skellige), where any save game made afterwards fails to load, and crashes to desktop part way through.

This is on complete version - latest patch (4.01)

If before I complete the final part I do other quests, all those saves work fine; it's only if I complete this quest (and in either of the two ways), then any save afterwards fails to load. Which basically means I can't complete this quest & am stuck on progression.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Do you use mods ? (or used).
    Yes, although using them before quest & after quest (well 80% of it) without issue.

• Did you verify the game files in case ?
    Yes, tried that - didn't fix it
I will try removing all mods, uninstalling the game & reinstalling, & see
Post automatically merged:

Ok so removing all mods & reinstalling game has allowed me to load the latest save. Putting most of the mods back & it's still working.

The issue seemed to be that the quest that you get once Possession is complete (King's Gambit) failed to start.

So if anyone else runs into an issue, certainly start by removing all mods & seeing if that allows you to load the saved game (you may find as I did that certain mods become a requirement of a saved game load, so you'd need to add these mods back in)

Thanks @LeKill3rFou for your help & giving me something to think about (y)

Last edited:
I found a solution to this same problem for those who use a lot of mods like me xD, or just receive this error.

Do the following:

Finish the mission like you want in "possession with Cerys in skellige", when you killed the hym and finish the quest, leave Udalryk's old house and travel to Novigrad, to any quick point. Arriving in Novigrad, save your game, after saving, go to the menu, and load the saved game in novigrad you just made. When you start this save, the game will give you the mission to name skellige king or queen normally. I hope this helps someone like it helped me.

Top Bottom