Crash on opening logos

+
So when I launch the game it locks up and goes to black when showing the Red Engine logo (sound effects play for a while) and after a while it kicks me to the desktop with the infamous flatlined message. Sometimes it crashes when the red bird logo comes up. However if I reboot a couple of times it runs fine. If I play the game for a while, exit and launch it again it locks up again. I have updated to the latest version of Cybepunk and the crashes are becoming more and more frequent with each update. I am on the latest AMD drivers, i've even used DDU to clear out my drivers and reinstall from scratch, i've under volted the card in case it was a temp issue. I have updated Windows. Nothing seems to work.

Other games that push my GPU like red dead 2, cod etc run fine. Any one else experienced this or can point me in the right direction?
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE

So if I change the resolution to something like 1280 x 720 in the UserSettings.json file, the game will launch fine in windowed mode every time but if I then go into the settings and change it to my native 1080p resolution, it will not apply the changes. It goes full screen instead of windowed but everything is cut off and magnified. If I save 1080p in settings, exit out of the game and launch it again, it crashes on the logo screen.

This "game" is straight up broken. It should have not been released for at least one more year. I'm not sure if cdprojektred has an issue with hiring terrible coders, terrible QA or terrible management or a combination of all three but this is EMBARRASSING to a point where in comparison Fallout 76 is not bad.

I can't refund my game and I can't play it. You would think they would have learned something from releasing a broken Witcher 3. But nope, its just much much much worse. WTF were you guys doing for 8 years?
Post automatically merged:

Update 2

I found one workaround. Before starting the game delete the UserSettings.json and clear out anything in the cache folder at C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 folder. Which means every time I want to play I have to setup my graphics and keybinds all over again. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Bravo CD Projekt Red, bravo you have exceeded my expectations on incompetence. I thought it was reserved for the likes of Ubisoft and Bethesda but you guys are the real champs.

Bonus content: If my web browser (firefox) is open when I run the game, it reboots my PC. I have replicated the issue many times. That's just.....ughhhhhh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom