Crash on starting the game. CAN'T EVEN PLAY IT

+
0.jpg

It gives me this crash error whether on DX11 or DX12. The game doesn't even start. I updated my GPU driver, tried launching the game from the exe nothing works, same error.

Same problem here. Removed all mods, deleted all game related folders from Documents and AppData, deleted bin folder, rechecked and redownloaded games files with Steam - nothing, "The Witcher 3 has crashed", immediately after launch. I just don't know what else I can do.

Aloha to everyone! :)

I have the same problem and I hope that developers or quality assurance team will help us. Here is my story and what I tried and found yesterday.
I am using Windows 7 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super, plenty of space on hdd. No problems playing the old version of the game on Ultra. I downloaded the patch from steam, I verified the files several times, even upgraded my direct x 11 drivers, my video card drivers (using the latest - Nvidia GeForce v. 474), selected DirectX 11 and the game did not launch. Furthermore, I have installed all of the 'microsoft visual studio c++ redistributable' files (from 2012 to 2022).

When I tried to start the game from the steam directory (not from the steam library launcher), an error box showed saying that a dll file was missing - D3DCompiler_47.dll. I searched online and was perplexed by the fact that this file seems to be a part of directx but when I install/repair the directx 11, it did not showed up. I found that dll on the Internet and placed it in system32 and SysWow64, even tried from my other pc that has this file - now the game starts, I did not see the error about the missing d3dcompiler_47.dll, but then crashes just like the authors' error message with a black screen. It seems to me that either the problem is with the directx or another library for Windows 7.

It would be good to know whether the next gen patch will be supported by Windows 7 or only by 10+.
I am looking forward to get a reply from CD Projekt Red team to see if the problem can be fixed for those of us who stick with Windows 7. Others please refrain from comments about old hardware or old OS. There is no point in arguing or bragging about those topics. The issue should be fixed or known whether the upgrade for Win 10 is a must.

P.S: I had not have any mods installed previously, so the problem is not about them either.

Top Bottom