*Crash On Startup* - Dual Graphics Cards w/ GOG Platform

+
I just got my friends old EVGA 1060 6Gb and installed it as my primary card and moved my EVGA 980Ti 6Gb into my secondary slot. I know now much of a difference between the 2 cards but having one dedicated for Physx rather than the CPU being utilized for Physx is a huge plus in most games.

The 1060 is running my primary display, and thats where Cyberpunk 2077 launches on, while the 980 is running on my second display.

When I launch CP77 through GOG or the Shortcut on my Desktop (which launches through GOG anyways) it will instantly CTD and Flatline right away.

However if I launch it directly from the Cyberpunk 2077.exe then it launches fine. I have already done a repair on the install and that changed nothing.

For those who wonder, no there is barely any noticeable performance difference between the 980 and 1060. Its probably the same amount of FPS, maybe a 2-15fps increase in some less dense areas of I randomly wandered. I know for a fact though that my 980Ti will outperform the 1060 on Doom 2016 by about 10-12%, but some other games its roughly the same or the 1060 takes the minor lead.

Although SLI doesn't work with two different cards, it appears you're having issues launching on the 1060 (via GOG), while launching using the 980 (via GOG) does. Right? Your post isn't that clear. I'd recommend removing the 980 and sell it. It's not doing you any good.

Although SLI doesn't work with two different cards, it appears you're having issues launching on the 1060 (via GOG), while launching using the 980 (via GOG) does. Right? Your post isn't that clear. I'd recommend removing the 980 and sell it. It's not doing you any good.

Yeah no dude. Not selling either card, especially since the 980 is equivalent if not better than the 1060. Ill consider selling the 1060 once the new 30 series cards are finally able to be in stock.

I made it clear in the sentence that the 1060 is placed as my primary card. SLi support is virtually non-existent for 98% of games anyways. Cyberpunk flatlines when going through GOG while having 2 videocards.

Top Bottom