Crash to desktop during loading screens (patch 1.2 installed)

+
Crash to desktop during loading screens (patch 1.2 installed)

After playing for about 10minutes or so, depending on how many loading screens I encounter, I crash to desktop. When I crash there is no error message, and it just says "The Wither has stopped working," and I click to close the program in the message box. I am using Windows Vista 32bit, and I am unsure if it is because of Vista. The problem occurs arbitrarily, I hope you guys (developers) have or are going to come up with a solution. If anyone has this problem and has a solution please post away. Thanks in advance.

My specs are:Vista 32bit (SP1 RC1)AMD FX-53 (AMD 4000+ equivalent) 2.4GHz Single core processorx1950pro 512mb AGP w/ Catalyst 7.12 2GB of DDR 400 (PC3200) RAMASUS SK8Vx-fi Creative Fatal1ty sound card w/ alchemy used for EAX.In game settings don't seem to affect the problem since I tested to see if the problem persisted on lower settings, and it does...I also tried to see if the update (fix) for Vista would work, but when I go to install it, it says my system is already up to date. Could it be because of SP1, I really don't think that could be the problem, but it could be anything at this point. I have also tried to run the game in windowed mode, but that only prolonged the problem for a few minutes more. I mean even without windowed mode I can still play for a solid 30 minuted plus most of the time, but sometimes I can only play for about 15 or so, before crashing to desktop. I guess I just have to wait for patch 1.3, oh well....

try rolling back your video drivers. Download 7.7 or 7.8, then uninstall what you have, reboot, and install the 7.7/7.8 drivers. Worked for me...

Top Bottom