Crash to desktop when loading.

+
Crash to desktop when loading.

Ok, first off. I try to post a ticket describing the issue and it fails. Then I use the email that is STILL linked and I get a message telling me it is no longer in use. Then it has the balls to direct me to the same site again.

Anyways, here is my issue:

The game crashes when I try to load after death or quick travel. No error, just straight to desktop. I have verified download and I have restarted my PC.

According to the net the quest where the witch hunters attack you because you humiliated a priest of the eternal fire might be linked to it as many report these problems only after that mission.

I just finished the save the mages then kill whoreson quest and the assassination quest.

I have not had this problem before, but now I can not progress because of it.

Yes, I have tried restarting; yes, I have tried reinstalling; yes, I have the minimum specs. It had been fine for the 70 hours up until now.

Last edited:
The most common factor related to this seems to stem from the Skellige thread.

Are you on Skellige or doing the Skellige bonus DLC quest?

My current save is on Skellige, but I have happened upon this problem outside of Skellige as well. I am not doing any of the DLC quests at this point in time. I can give you a save file if you want to check.

Hello,

Same problem.

I'm on skellig, and i can't left this isle. When i took fast travel, return on desktop.
I'm on windows 8.1, all free dlc installed.
Please help us !
I'm lvl 32, and i feel big frustration

Last edited:
I have way too many hours between my current with DLC to the last save without to just go back. I tried their solution though, other than using an older save. Didn't work for me.

Top Bottom