Crashes with Blood and Wine

+
Hi, I'd like to start a thread for my technical problems. Logged over 100 hours with minimal crashes, now I'm several days into Blood & Wine and I can't load a save or start a new game without the game crashing ("not responding" as per Windows task manager, no error messages ever seen).

Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 950

Running through GOG Galaxy, not Steam

No overclocking
No mods

Already tried: Verifying/repairing files, disabling overlay, reinstalling the game, updating Windows, disabling Vsync, setting graphics to low, uninstalling and reinstalling both GOG Galaxy and the game.

Last edited:
If you didn't try, you could clean install your drivers in case :
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
Knowing that Nvidia released new drivers version less than two weeks ago (so maybe also try to install the previous version).

Be sure to follow the directions to the letter which includes booting into Safe Mode before running DDU to ensure it properly cleans the Windows Registry and disconnect your system from the Internet so Windows Update doesn't automatically install their crappy drivers before you get a chance to install your new ones.

I wish Nvidia would give us a way to back up our 3D settings in the Nvidia control panel so I wouldn't have to go through and reset 20 games every time I run DDU or do a clean install. Seems to me it would be a no-brainer to add that feature and probably wouldn't take a half way decent programmer more than an afternoon of work to implement it

Top Bottom