Crashing - At my wits end!!!

+
I am extremely frustrated with all the crashing I am experiencing with Cyberpunk this past week. I have done everything possible short of new hardware and not really sure what else to do. It is hit and miss, sometimes I can get hours of game play in, other times it's after minutes. All crashes show the following in \AppData\Local\REDEngine\ReportQueue\.....

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42)

Windows Event Log shows:

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Things I have tried.....
- COMPLETE FRESH INSTALL OF WINDOWS 11 22H2
- Ensured motherboard bios is updated as well as all required drivers from Asus website
- Multiple fresh installs of NVIDIA Driver 531.68 with DDU prior for clean install
- Multiple fresh installs of Cyberpunk 2077 through Epic Launcher with 0 mods
- Ran NVIDIA driver in Debug mode
- Ran RAM at default speed without XMP

I'm honestly so pissed off as this is the only game that has ever gave me nvlddmkm errors or any sort of problem.

SYSTEM SPECS:
- CPU - Intel 13600KF
- MOBO - Asus z690i
- RAM - G.Skill 32gb 6000Mhz DDR5
- GPU - NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
- NVME Drivers - 1TB Kingston KC3000 / 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus
- PSU - Corsair RM850x
- MONITOR - Alienware AW3423DWF OLED HDR 3440x1440

CDPR Support team was absolutely 0 help and told me to do everything I have already tried and then didn't respond again. Submitted a support request to NVIDIA and provided them everything the asked for and 0 response back from them. IS THIS A CYBERPUNK 2077 ISSUE? WINDOWS 11 ISSUE? NVIDIA DRIVER ISSUE?

CDPR really needs to step up as they continue to hamper the playability of an $80!

Beyond sick of this crap!!!

I am sorry but I don’t think anyone here can really assist with this. The most I can suggest would be trying to roll back the game to 1.61 as available. It sounds like you have an awesome machine (better than mine) and have gone all out in your troubleshooting steps. If CDPR Support has offered everything they can, and after you provided the exhausting steps taken to troubleshoot this, it may just be beyond hope and I have no idea why. From what I saw you contacted every single hardware support service. I’m curious if your power supply is big enough but this obviously doesn’t sound like a power issue if nothing else is crashing and you’re able to play other games. Again, best I can suggest is rolling back both NVidia Drivers and the Cyberpunk 2077 version to 1.61 of the game, and whatever version of the NVidia Drivers that matches that same period. If I could offer more help I would. There are a number of gifted forum users that *may* have some other suggestions.

Unfortunately Epic launcher doesn't allow for rolling back to previous versions of the game. Pretty much written off playing this game anymore. Gotta love throwing money down the drain

I feel like if you’ve done all the right steps towards troubleshooting an issue like this, Epic should refund you and direct you to a better launcher or something. I am so sorry about the problems there.

"CRASHING - AT MY WITS END!!!"

"File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42)"

Seems someone else had a similar issue last year, but seemingly got it solved. Might be worth a shot?

Fix?

Sounds like a hardware fault. While it's seemingly the only game giving these errors, it's top among two other games with a comparable RTX suite so that could be the cause. Try Portal RTX and see if it throws a GPU error code. In my experience, and you'll see this from forums dedicated to such issues - tests environments rarely provide the type of challenge that can arise when playing a game. Your PC could nuke tests all day, but when it's time to work there's that "something" that breaks it down.

I say all this as I was having a similar issues with 2077, and TW3 NGE when it released.

Cashing, glitching, freezing, even the breaker tripped while playing 2077.
All the telltale signs of a bad/weak PSU - wasn't the PSU.
Hmm, I hope it's not my GPU - it wasn't the GPU.

I swapped out the CPU for a new one, and a new motherboard to support that CPU, and all of my problems evaporated.

1. Delete: REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ 2. Make sure that DirectX12 shader cache is not corrupted. To do so right-clickon the hard drive where the game is installed. In the General Tab click DiskCleanup and mark the DirectX shadercache tickbox. Unmark any other tickboxesand start the clean-up. 3. Restart your PC and launch the game. See if it helped
had same thing as u yesterday did that and 0 cashes and freezes since. just water textures buged since overdrive update
ps the fix from redit heres the link https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/10sgfrl

I had to roll back my driver update on nvidia's site to the may driver and it works like it did prior to the update. I think the problem is on the nvidia driver and not cyberpunk this time.

hmmm i played for an hour with those drivers while recording and hade no crashes so im not sure its striktly the driver. Might affect something that made tha game crash tho. Allways when i get the gpu crash it has been due too overclocking too high in this game. Odd that it got solved by rolling the driver back tho.. did a clean install?
Post automatically merged:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

Nvm i missed that part, hade this happend before even when watching youtube. It hade something too do with powerstates for me. I disabled PCI-E power modes in bios and havent hade it since. But its Gpu reset or hang code i think. Might been something with the driver, havent happened too me tho. Noticed we have the same chipset motherboard. If it happends again i would check that bios setting, not 100% sure of what its called on your system but something about power PCI-E

Last edited:
Top Bottom