Crashing Every 1-30mins Crash reason: Exception_Access_Violation (3221225477)

+
Crashing Every 1-30mins Crash reason: Exception_Access_Violation (3221225477)

Hi All,

I just started to play The Witcher 3 for the first time in 3 years, and between every 1 to 30 minutes of game play, my game will freeze and exit to the desktop without warning or error. Usually it happens within the first few minutes. This primary happens within menus or cut scenes but it has happened while in free roam as well.

I've attached one crash log, they all see to be this same error :Crash reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477), Error writing location 0x00000000

Main specs are:
CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Memory: 16GB Corsair

What I've tried:

Reinstalled Graphics drivers, uninstalled using DisplayDriver Uninstaller
Uninstalled/Reinstalled Witcher 3
Disabled Steam Overlay
Disabled Nvidia Ansel
Uninstalled Nvidia Experience
Set Prefer Maximum Performance in Nvidia Control Panel for Witcher 3
Updated BIOS

I'm at a loss, because I shouldn't be experiencing these issues. I've seen old posts from 2014-2016 on this error, so I know I'm not alone, but I haven't seen any solutions that worked and I'm hoping someone can offer a new idea to help isolate or fix this.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Crash.txt
    14.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
1.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any?

2.) Can't tell from the crash log for sure, but it looks like Hairworks is the root of the issue. Delete everything in your ...Documents\The Witcher 3\... directory (EXCEPT the gamesaves folder-- KEEP that!) then verify / repair through Steam / GOG / Origin.

3.) Also, try disabling Hairworks and see if that stops the bug. It's difficult to say why that would be happening. Can you post where you downloaded your GPU drivers from, and which version?

Top Bottom