[Crashing Hell] Sorry CDP but moving on

+
[Crashing Hell] Sorry CDP but moving on

Hi Devs,

EDIT: added articles from other gaming sites that describe widespread, multi-equipment crashing - bottom of this post.

Love the game. Brilliant! Thanks for the hard work. And . . . tired of random crashes and complete machine freezing. Whether it's your code or NVIDIA drivers or a combination, I cannot abide inconsistency like I have experienced since the game first came out. I can play for days on ultra with zero crashes, zero glitches, zero bugs, then crash hell. Not just once, but for days. Then everything, somehow works itself out and I can play for days and days again. Crash hell returns, on and on.

All the suggested fixes and all that stuff is just a band-aid for coding problems and probably NVIDIA hiccups. Love the game! Sad to be forced to put it back on the shelf and move on to any of the other 12 games I have sitting around. Games, which I might add, do not crash. Have never crashed, with the exception of Unity, which worked brilliantly until they started patching it . . ..

Love to see your upcoming patches. You must fix these widespread crashing troubles.

:facepalm:

In case anyone thinks its just a few players, here are a few writeups:

Inquisitir Article - Yesterday, the Inquisitr reported on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt crashing for many PC players. Many players were reporting crashing to desktop while playing The Witcher 3, and it seemed centralized on Nvidia users especially. Most Witcher 3 players were reporting issues when they would access the inventory screen or the bestiary, while others simply could not get The Witcher 3 to run for more than five to ten minutes at a time.

Game Revolution Article - As suspected, the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is suffering from various issues. Many PC gamers are reporting that the game is crashing constantly. Altering game settings doesn't appear to fix the problem. The crashing doesn't occur at specific points in the game, allowing players to progress, albeit with the frustration of never knowing when the game will close.

N4G Article: Many players are reporting various game-crashing bugs across all platforms . . ..

Last edited:
no crashing here tbh . only crashes when i sometime ALT TAB the game . else its all good on my 353.XX drivers .
maybe its just you . try to run the game on borderless screen with vsync on

Just him? There are tons of people with the same problem, me included. Clearly the game was realeased with poor optimization for some GPU's and systems in general.

I thought the day one patch was very well optimized. For a Gameworks game it performed really well for AMD users (except for Hairworks).
That Nvidias Gameready driver was not optimized for Kepler and on top of that had horrible stability issues is hardly CDPRs fault.
With the latest Nvdia I have not had any crashes at all. It seems you need to have a gfx card/power supply/cooling system that allows the system to run at full load for extended periods of time.

I haven't had any crashes at all since I moved the overclock on my gpu down somewhat (around 30mhz). Was getting quite a few until then.

It seems you need to have a gfx card/power supply/cooling system that allows the system to run at full load for extended periods of time.

You did notice my signature with PC specs right? And my statements about being able to play for extended periods? IF I was just one of a handful of people posting about it instead of a lot of players posting about it here, on the GeForce forums, on the NVIDIA forums, on the GOG forums, on the Steam forums, IF it hadn't been part of Angry Joe's review where his game crashed, I might think it was me. If twelve other great games had crashes like this, I might think it was me. But I would be wrong.

Yeah. Just me. ;)

No, not just you. But how many of the 4+ million buyers do you see complaining here in the forum? A very small percentage at best.
And again: I don't think it is fair to blame CDPR for crashes of the Gfx-drivers. Nvidia really messed this release up badly..

Whether it's your code or NVIDIA drivers or a combination . . .

All the suggested fixes and all that shit is just a band-aid for coding problems and probably NVIDIA hiccups

No, not just you. But how many of the 4+ million buyers do you see complaining here in the forum? A very small percentage at best.
And again: I don't think it is fair to blame CDPR for crashes of the Gfx-drivers. Nvidia really messed this release up badly..

Reread my statements again.

Also, you haven't been looking through these forums much then if the number of posts on your account are an indicator. Look through the GeForce forums, the NVIDIA forums, the Steam forums, the GOG forums, Angry Joe's review, etc etc. Plenty of people crashing. Plenty of people making noise about it. I'm just one slob who posted about it too.

We agree that NVIDIA has work to do, but this is the CDP forum so I I posted about CDP's game here. They have internal contacts with NVIDIA and can directly interface with them about the crashing. Just sitting back with our mouths closed/fingers off the keyboards tells CDP and NVIDIA that everything is hunky-dory. It isn't for a good many players. I'm sure that 3+ million people are playing without crashes, or accepting the crashes, but I'm not of those. I want to play this really great game, and my signature with PC specs gives people data to work with.

If read enough of these forums to find them almost unbearable. The manners (or better the lack thereof) some people show on these forums is really too much sometimes.
Anyway I rather continue playing the game than trying to catch up with you in the number of forum posts.
I've seen Angry Joe's review and despite of the crashes he still gave it a 10/10. Of course he also had to use Nvidias bugged driver at that time.
In your case you should probably proceed as you planned in your first post in this thread: put the game on the shelf, wait for the issues to be resolved and enjoy another game in the meantime. Unless of course you prefer to make another couple of hundred posts in this and other forums.

Unless of course you prefer to make another couple of hundred posts in this and other forums.

I think I will! Thanks! :)

I also give the game high rank. But if it's supposedly a next gen game, we next gen owners would like to play, please and thanks. I wonder when NVIDIA's next driver will be coming out. No doubt it will be neutered of anything resembling a bullet point saying "Corrected Crashing Issues with Witcher 3". :(

Added a new section to my original post about wide spread crashes reported on all game platforms, etc etc. Just for the nay-sayers or those who continually point to "your equipment." My equipment works quite well, thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom