Crashing issue (Ciri forest flashback)

+
Hi! I've started my second playthrough of Witcher 3. I have modded the game just as I did last time, but this time there have been multiple crashes. I've had to restart/resintall far too many time until I finally got it to work. I've gone as far as the the beginning of the bloody baron quest without issue.

However, when the ciri forest flashback begins, once I cross a specific location, the game crashes to desktop. I've disabled as many background apps as I could, restarted my laptop and none of it seems to work. The log files read 'error reading location', same as all the previous crashes.

I am at a loss and I'm not sure what I should do. I've seen a few posts on 'error readin location' crashes and none of them seem to have a solution. I can only ask again here in hopes for some help. Added the crash files aswell.

Attachments

• witcher3.exe_crash_20200510_204810512.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 101
  • witcher3.exe_crash_20200510_205051108.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 72
  • witcher3.exe_crash_20200510_205552946.txt
    13 KB · Views: 57
@Mz-B Post moved to a new thread. Feel free to edit the title if you're not happy with it.

Since you're using mods, removing all of them and seeing if the issue still persists is a good first step. Regardless of whether the exact same setup has worked in the past.

If the issue is caused by mods it may also be "baked into" your savefile, in which case starting over without the problematic mod(s) would be the only real solution.

Yeah, it does sound like a modding issue.

However, in case you are using the exact same mods like in your first playthrough, you could try rolling back to the gpu graphics driver version you were using during the first playthrough.

Hi! I've started my second playthrough of Witcher 3. I have modded the game just as I did last time, but this time there have been multiple crashes. I've had to restart/resintall far too many time until I finally got it to work. I've gone as far as the the beginning of the bloody baron quest without issue.

However, when the ciri forest flashback begins, once I cross a specific location, the game crashes to desktop. I've disabled as many background apps as I could, restarted my laptop and none of it seems to work. The log files read 'error reading location', same as all the previous crashes.

I am at a loss and I'm not sure what I should do. I've seen a few posts on 'error readin location' crashes and none of them seem to have a solution. I can only ask again here in hopes for some help. Added the crash files aswell.

Can you disable mods and try without them? Vortex from nexusmods allows for easy turning on and off mods

Top Bottom