Crashing On Indoor Instances (Post 12/11 Hotfix)

+
What's up everyone,

So I've been playing the hell out of Cyberpunk 2077 and am loving it, despite some of the bugs I've encountered such as Jackie having a gun stuck in his hand or trash randomly scattering everywhere. But in my experience so far, none of them have been gamebreaking until today.

I haven't played the game since before the hotfix on 12/11. Last place I was at was Clouds, and I had saved just before trying to get into the VIP area. After attempting to get back into the game, I crashed during the loading screen. This happened in any save I had where I was inside Clouds. I reloaded a save outside the location and everything was fine again.

So I figured the location was bugged or whatever, so I left and did a different quest. I can't recall the name, but it's the mission where Takamura has a client for you to meet at a location after sunset. After pulling into the parking garage of the location, I crashed again.

I had originally equated the issue to my settings, though I had already turned everything down to medium/high and ray tracing off completely prior to even starting my playthrough (couldn't even load the game with ray tracing on; would CTD upon startup).

I know for a fact it isn't my system specs, because my PC is barely over a year old and it's very capable of running Cyberpunk at high settings minus ray tracing. For those who may wish to know, I have an i7-8700K CPU, 15.8 GB RAM, and an RTX 2070 graphics card. I have also updated my drivers, something I thought would fix the issue but ultimately didn't.

Up until now, I've been forgiving of the bugs I've run into because, again, they weren't awfully gamebreaking. But now I can't even play the game, let alone die else I'll crash upon reloading my previous save within an interior location. But now I truly understand everyone's complaints, and for someone like me to have issues—who has a PC with above average specs for the game—is appalling. And it's especially appalling that I wasn't having these issues until after the 12/11 "hotfix."

I don't think there's much else I can do at this point other than reinstalling the game, but if I'm going to have to do this EVERY time there's an issue, I'm ultimately not going to do it. I have a lot of patience, and I'm currently running short of it with this game, whose multiple delays led me to believe optimization problems would be of the least concern. And I get it; a game of this caliber is bound to have bugs. As a dude whose favorite game is Skyrim, I know that as well as you'd expect. But for something so severe as to disallow me to even PLAY the game? Unacceptable, truly.

I sincerely hope you guys can fix this issue as soon as possible because I damn well love this game, ESPECIALLY the worldbuilding. It's incredibly inspiring for a writer such as myself, and I'm sure many more appreciate that as much as I do.

TL;DR: Crashing upon loading/walking into some interior locations—i.e. Clouds—FOLLOWING the 12/11 hotfix.

Thanks for reading,

Avusyth

EDIT: Cyberpunk had a random update a little while ago. After doing some testing, it seems everything's in working order. Weird. . . . Nevertheless, hopefully anyone who's having this issue can see that the solution may be entirely random.

Last edited:
Top Bottom